Today I made the realization that I'm in my third trimester. Third!! How did that happen?? For some reason it hit me like a ton of bricks. I can't believe that I have been pregnant for 7 mos already. And at the same time, 7 mos feels like a long time. It's an interesting feeling. It's exciting to know that soon I will meet the little person that has been busy growing in my belly and that I will get to hold her and see her. It's incredibly exciting to know that soon Aidan will meet her and soon form a bond with her that will last their lifetimes. (I have great hopes that they will be friends.) I was watching Baby Story today on TV and when the mom delivered and saw her crying baby for the first time, I started crying. That and asking myself, "Why am I watching this? I know better." :) But it made me remember when I delivered Aidan and how I bawled. I was so happy and overcome when I saw him for the first time. This time, I know what to expect and it made me emotional to see this woman go through the same kind of experience. Up to this point, I've been pretty laid back about this pregnancy. Partly due to the fact that I am so busy with Aidan that I don't have the time to dwell on it like when I was pregnant the first time. So, now I'm getting to that excited and slightly antsy stage. I'm starting to find myself thinking about delivery and seeing her and bringing her home. All the clothes I've been getting from friends has helped fuel that excitement too. (Thanks Jamie, Samantha, and Jen W.) The other side of the coin has been feeling a little sad and nostalgic. This is my last pregnancy. I know, I know....everyone says "yeah right." But I really have no intention of having another one. Two has always been the plan. So, with everyone milestone I pass, I feel little sad knowing that I won't do it again. Except for the bloodwork. I will not miss any of that. :) But, everytime I look at my belly in the mirror I try to enjoy it knowing I will not be this size again. (Although I must say, watching my weight gain this time around has helped a lot. It's easier to get around and get things done. I think it's helped with my energy level too. Although keeping pace with a toddler doesn't hurt either.) This is my last time for maternity clothes and belly buttons that pop out. It's my last time to feel a baby move or kick. It's a little sad. I've entered the final stage. We are coming to the end of the road quickly. I'm sure in another month or so, I will feel more ready to be done and less nostalgic.
lucy walking (on video for the first time)
14 years ago
1 comment:
It's gone by really fast! I can't wait to see pictures of her! See you guys in a few weeks!
Post a Comment