Sunday, May 17, 2009

Mommy's Weekend!!!

This was my weekend of freedom and relaxation. Julien and Aidan left Friday morning for Nana's and Grandpa's. I've had the house to myself all weekend. Let me tell you, it's been quiet. This weekend almost didn't happen. Aidan woke up Thursday with a fever. At first it wasn't bad and he was acting normal so, I gave him motrin. Then he got the chills and got really spacey. And the fever went up, all the way to 103. So, after a dose of tylenol and Aidan falling asleep on the couch, I called and made an appointment with the doctor. By the time we got to the doctor the tylenol had kicked in and his fever was down, he was acting better and had 2 popsiscles. No strep, no ear infection, just a red throat. The doctor gave us the ok to go on our trip but couldn't guarentee he'd be a happy camper. But, Aidan was very good and let the doctor check him out. She said to keep alternating the tylenol and motrin. That night, Aidan was playing and ate chinese for dinner like nothing had ever happened. (How do kids do this?) His fever went up a little but not much. Friday morning he woke up and was ready to go to Nana's. So, I packed the thermometer and medicine and gave Julien instructions on their administration. (Yes, I know he is an adult and can handle it but, it makes me feel better.) But, they made it to Nana's fine and Aidan seems to have recovered from whatever bug he had.
Friday was a strange day for me. It was very quiet. Almost too quiet. I wasn't quite sure what to do with myself. I had the constant feeling that something was missing or I was forgetting something. So, I ran some errands and got the last of my bloodwork done. I got my ID card for the rec center we joined almost 3 months ago. Yeah, I know, it took me a while. :) But I found out about swim lessons for Aidan and pool hours. I even orderd a maternity swim suit so I can take him. The rec center has an indoor and outdoor pool. I'm excited about this. Saturday I got my eyebrows done and cleaned the house a little. It's so nice to clean a floor and have it stay clean for any length of time. Saturday night was my girlie night. My friend Jen and I went to the Melting Pot for dessert (they're too pricey for a full meal) and girl talk. Then we went to the mall and shopped a little. It was a lot of fun. It's always nice to go out without the kids and be individuals every now and then. Not to mention getting dressed up and doing our hair and make up, which doesn't happen for me very often. Today has been more errands, laundry, and cleaning up. I know that doesn't sound exciting but, being able to do it at my own pace is wonderful. No rushing through the store, no rushing to get things done because naptime or lunch is coming up. And being able to take a break and rest while doing things. It's been really nice. It also helps that I got to sleep in until 8:30a today. I would've slept longer but someone was breakdancing this morning. :) I guess she thought it was time to get up and eat. Julien and Aidan come home tomorrow. I will be watching my friend Jen's baby tomorrow. It should be fun. I need to get back in swing of babyshape. I've enjoyed my weekend. I have missed my little guy a lot though. This is the longest we've been apart ever. But, he's had a great time without me and hasn't missed me much. Which is a little surprising and maybe a little disappointing. You want your baby to miss you but, in the end, I'm glad that he's done so well. It makes me feel that he will be ok without me when I'm in the hospital having the baby. He's become such a big boy. I'm so proud of him. But I will be very happy to see him tomorrow and give him a big hug and kiss.

1 comment:

Safire said...

Sounds like an amazing weekend! :)