Thursday, May 28, 2009

So much to do, so little time....

I've been a little grouchy this week. I've been really tired and sore. Hence, I have less patience. Hence, my son has listened less and tested me more. I know he feels my stress and I always feel horribly guilty about this. Luckily, yesterday things seemed to get better. My energy improved and my back didn't hurt as much. I think I'm been having some Braxton Hicks already. Either that or lots of round ligament pain. Either way, it had made me an unhappy camper but, things are getting better as the week passes. There's a lot to do and I need to be able to get it done. In fact, I feel a little overwhelmed with all that needs to be done in the next 10 weeks or less. We have friends from Maryland stopping by next week. We're the first stop on their drive to Utah. We're really excited to see them and how big their kids are getting. So, there's getting ready for that. Then the dresser for the baby's room isn't in yet, which is very frustrating considering I ordered it at the end of February. I guess that's why I ordered so early. I need to get to the rest of the baby stuff I need so garage sales, here I come! I'm going to breastfeeding class in July. I need to take the hospital tour and pre-register with the hospital. I need to get the house in order before I go out of commission. I have lined up our neighbors to take Aidan, at any time of day- they're awesome people, when I go into labor. But they leave on Aug. 4 for vacation so hopefully I have popped by then. If I really want to, I think I can get the doctor to make sure that happens. I want to take one more trip to my parent's before too much longer. We also have a family reunion at the end of June to go to. Julien wants to get in a float trip two weeks before my due date. We'll see about that one. (He's trying to figure out how to waterproof his phone and not lose it in the river.) And next week I'm registering Aidan for swimming lessons too. I know it doesn't seem like much, but I constantly have a list of things to do in my head. Most are daily kind of things around the house. Some are more time consuming, like the minivan needs to have it's maintanence check. Then there are the big things. Like Julien doing the grading and drainage work in the yard this weekend. Yes, he's finally doing it! It's going to be a big project but I know he will do a great job. He called Digg Rite, reserved the trencher, ordered the fill dirt and rock, and all this without any help from me. That's what impresses me the most. Usually I get roped into make phone calls or something but, this time this is really his project. I will be glad when it's done. No more worrying about damaging the foundation with really bad grading and no more standing water on the other side of the house. It's the little things. :) I told him my dad would be so proud that he's doing it and not hiring out for it. (Besides, we can't afford to hire out for it. It would be around $3K for that much work.) Julien's become quite handy in the last two years. Just wait till you see the shelving he's working on in the basement.

The summer's going to fly by. The baby will be here before I know it and there's lots to do. I better get started.

1 comment:

Freya said...

I can't believe your dresser is not in. I would be doing some serious bitching. Trust me the last thing they wanna deal with is a hormonal pregnant woman.

You never know you might even get some of the price knocked down for the wait.

I still need to go look at your registry. I don't get to Target to much. Only about once a year. I always forget about it when I'm in Cedar Rapids for some reason. LOL!

I'll make a point of going there in the next week or so and take a look see.

I hope that things start slowing down for you. I know how frustrating it is not to have everything for the baby and have so much going on at one time.

Just know that this shall pass and there are brighter calmer days on the horizon.

Huggles,
Jamie