It's been a while since I posted last. I apologize for not keeping up, although there are a few reasons as to why. Since my last post I found out that we are expecting baby #2 this summer. We are very excited about it, even if we were surprised that it didn't take as long to pregnant as we thought it would. But, Aidan will be a big brother and we are re-entering the world of sleepless nights once again. :) This will be a year of big adjustments for all of us in the Ross-Boon household. We are hoping for a boy as we can use all of Aidan's old clothes. Either way, as long as we have a healthy baby, we will be happy. I can tell you now, this will be our last one. I hear everyone saying, 'yeah right.' But, I'm absolutely serious. I now remember how I really don't enjoy being pregnant. The morning sickness hasn't been too bad. I have good days and bad days. Right after I found out I was pregnant, Aidan and I got some virus that caused nausea among other things. That was a rough week. Things haven't been that bad since, thankfully. I'm tired all the time. I can eat this time though. I can stand the grocery store as opposed to last time when the smell made me sick. I can stand the smell of meat for the most part. This time the smell of veggies cooking can turn my stomach though. It's funny how things change for one time to the next. I have my first ultrasound towards the end of January. I also have my first glucose test this month too. That's the fun of having a LGA baby, or large for gestational age baby. I get to do that test at least twice. Yay! I'm hoping I go on a good day and the drink doesn't make me throw up.
In other news, we went to Iowa for Christmas. Our trip was first delayed a day for a blizzard. Then while we were there we had below zero temps, snow, wind, fog, and an ice storm. But, Aidan loved being at Grandma and Grandpa's and playing with the dog. We spent Christmas day with my parents. Then, we tried to leave on Saturday for Des Moines. Unfortunately they got a half inch of ice that day, so we had to postpone the trip one day. We finally made it down to Nana and Grandpa Tim's on Sunday and Aidan had his second Christmas. He also got to see his Great Grandma again. We were able to stay until Tuesday night as Julien had to get back to work on Wednesday. But, our visit was a lot of fun. Aidan got to go to the Science Center with Daddy and Grandpa and the girls went shopping. And there was a lot of good food of course. I can't speak of the wine, as I won't be enjoying any of that for the majority of this year, but I'm sure that was good too. It was a fun trip, but we were ready to come home and sleep in our own beds. Aidan was especially glad to sleep in his room and see his toys.
As for New Year's, we were invited to four parties this year. I don't know how we got so popular. We never got invited so many places before we moved here. We were able to make it to two. We stopped at the Trevinos first. Aidan was able to play with his friends, Gabi and Joey. I kidded Aidan that Gabi's his girl. By the end of the night he would say yeah she was. Samantha was able to get the two of them on camera singing the ABC song together into a toy microphone. It was the cutest thing ever! The kids got to play and the adults got to have real conversations. It was a lot of fun! :) Then we moved on to our neighbor's the Walters. We played some Rock Band and rang in Midnight there. They have become really good friends to us. I'm so glad we found them here when we moved. It wouldn't be the same without them across the street. Anyway, Aidan was out by 10:30p and slept until 9:15a, with one wake up at 3a crying and looking for Tigger. (He started doing that in Des Moines. I hope this isn't a phase he's going through. Mommy hates getting up at 3a. I guess it's early training for when the baby comes. :) ) We all got to sleep in and have kind of a lazy day. Tomorrow I have to get cleaning and put the decorations away. I currently feel good enough to do it and you never know how long that will last. Sorry to everyone that this is so long and that it took a month to post it. I hope every one's Holiday was a happy and safe one. May everyone have a wonderful 2009!
lucy walking (on video for the first time)
14 years ago
1 comment:
So exciting! I hate being pregnant too. Here's hoping it gets better though! :)
Post a Comment