Julien's parents were here over the weekend. Aidan loves it when Nana comes to visit. It was a busy weekend. We went to the Magic House Saturday morning and played and played and played. Then we went to Dewey's for pizza. Then he ran Nana and Grandpa ragged around the house playing. At least he slept in till 8am for them. Sunday was football day and we watched the Cardinals win their first trip to the Super Bowl ever. I thought Julien was going to have a heart attack watching the game. At one point, he asked if we could take Aidan in the other room cause he didn't want to swear in front of him. Julien's parents left for home on Monday and we were off to see our friends, Gabi and Joey. Aidan had a great time playing with them for 2 hours. He even got to see their big brothers play drums and guitar. (They are really good! They need a singer so they can play gigs.) Aidan thought it was loud but he loves the drums. I think we have a future musican on our hands. Yesterday was Toddler Gym. Today was Toddler Science class and playing with dinosaurs. Tomorrow is my first ultrasound and genetic testing. Aidan was going to go back too Gabi and Joey's house tomorrow, however their grandfather passed unexpectedly last night. Our thoughts are definitely with their family. I know this is a difficult time. So, we've had to rearrange plans a little and our neighbor is going to take Aidan for us. Luckily Friday we have nothing planned! It'll be nice to slow down for a day, although Aidan will probably wake up and tell me he "wanna go." (Every morning we have something planned, he tells me that when he wakes up.) Saturday will be a Daddy and Aidan day as I go off to do my 3 hour glucose test. I really, really, really hope I pass that stupid thing. If nothing else this week, then at least I'll have the baby's first pictures. I'm trying to stay positive and be excited about that. :) Hopefully I'll be able to post those soon.
A couple big kuddos out to my friends on the east coast who attended the inauguration yesterday. My friend Meagan went down in the morning to watch the Obama be sworn in . My friend Safire and her husband, 3 year old and twin babies all went down to the mall and were able to hear the end of the President's speech. Big kuddos to them for braving the crowds in order for their children to be a part of history. I wish we could've been there too!
lucy walking (on video for the first time)
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment