Monday, December 1, 2008

A Yummy Thanksgiving!

We went to Iowa to visit my family for Thanksgiving. Once again, Aidan reaffirmed my belief that he's the best traveler in the world and was wonderful on the trip. In the last hour or two of the trip he finally drifted off for a quick nap. So, we all made it in one piece. Thursday, Julien spent all day cooking. My sister and her boyfriend joined us and my folks. We fried a turkey and had homemade stuffing, cranberry sauce, green bean casserole, rolls, and pies. It was awesome! Then Saturday, we made turkey carcass soup with the leftovers. Aidan loved seeing Grandma and Grandpa again. He woke up asking to see Grandma and then helped Grandpa make his tea. He wasn't able to see his favorite cousin Sophie this trip. She was sick with a fever and cold. He was a little disappointed but, he was able to talk to her on the phone. I was able to see my old friend Elleni and her little baby girl. It's been so great to be able to reconnect with her. It's amazing how much changes yet stays the same. I was also able to see my old Busy Bee friends Shay and Jen. The daycare was my favorite job ever, besides the one I have now. :) Jen is still the on-site supervisor there. It was weird to hear her talk about how things have changed and how old the kids I cared for are now. Some of my before and after care kids have graduated High School or are driving. Boy, do I feel old! Shay just moved back to CR so this has been the first time we all have been able to get together. I had to take Aidan with me so they were able to meet him too. Before we left, Julien spent Saturday helping Dad dig a trench in the cold. They rented a trencher but it wasn't quite up to the task. It took forever and Julien got a taste of farm life. :) He's still sore! But we have some grading work we need to do at our place in the spring and now Julien's prepared for all the work that will entail. So, now we're back home and getting ready for Christmas. I pulled the decorations out but haven't gotten any further. It actually snowed here this morning so we have a dusting of snow to motivate me. Hopefully the next post will be all about how cute the house looks! Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

No comments: