Thursday, January 15, 2009

A Rollercoaster Week

This has been an interesting week. I started a new routine with Aidan at night. When we get ready for bed, we talk about what we will be doing tomorrow. We talk about where we are going and who we will be seeing. We also talk about the fact that we need to be quiet and sleep, not get up and cry at 3a like he had been doing. So far, it's worked pretty well. When he wakes up in the morning, he's excited and ready to go. So Tuesday, Aidan and I had playgroup again. Or as Aidan calls it, "More Kids." We went to the creation station at the Museum of Transportation. Aidan had a great time. He didn't really play with the kids this time. I guess he was too wrapped up in the toys. Sometimes he wants to see the kids but not really interact with them. Either way, he had a lot of fun and I got to talk to adults. After we left, Aidan asked for french fries as normal. So we went to McDonald's and had lunch. It was a fun morning. Then, Wednesday was grocery shopping and a haircut for Aidan. He did so well! For some reason after this hair cut, he looks so much older. Maybe it's the growth spurt too. But he looks so boyish, it amazes me. Julien had a trip to the doctor that day too. Of all things, he has an ear infection. A grown man with an ear infection. So funny! And he didn't get it from Aidan either. Then today was a trip to the Library and to Target. I'm glad we have been able to get out and do stuff. It helps him run off his energy which makes him a happier toddler and a better sleeper. That makes me a happier mommy. :)

And I was a happy mommy until this afternoon. I had my second OB appointment today. I had to make a late appointment to accomodate Julien's schedule. So, I sat in the waiting room for almost 30 minutes waiting to be called back. I was not happy about that. Luckily, once I was called back things went quickly. The doctor reviewed my bloodwork that was done on Friday. (Even she was impressed by my lingering bruise from the draw. Almost a week later and it's still huge.) Most everything was fine. Except my one hour glucose test. Why is it that I can NEVER pass that stupid test! Apparently there are two cut offs: 135 and 140. Most people use the 140. Since I failed a test in my last pregnancy and had a big baby, I am held to the 135 cut off. And my number was 139. So, next week I have to take the three hour glucose test. I'm not even out of the first trimester yet. This is SO not supposed to happen! I actually cried when the doctor told me. At least she felt bad. The kicker is, even if I pass the 3 hour test next week, I have to retake the test at 28 weeks. That's right, I get to do it again! I am so glad this is the last pregnancy for me. So now, they are worried about gestational diabetes (which increases your chances of developing type 2 diabetes dramatically) and me having another big baby. *sigh* The good news out of this appointment, I got to hear the babies heartbeat today. Yay! That was fun!

So tomorrow, I have Mom's Night Out with my playgroup. (We're painting pottery.) And my in-laws are coming into town Saturday for the weekend. I hope the weekend cheers me up. Right now I'm pretty frustrated.

1 comment:

Safire said...

You'll survive GD if I did. It's a pain in the neck. I was sad the whole end of my pregnancy. BUT, man I bounced back to my regular size in a week and felt great. :) Kinda worth it, kinda not. We'll talk after your 3 hour.

Oh, I did the 3 hour test 2 times, the one hour 3 times, and hated it all. Sorry you have to do it!