
So, a couple things:
I wanted to share this pic and show how cute my boy is.
Update on Stress of the Day- It has been decided, and not necessarily by me, that an expensive bike will have to wait for now. We are looking at less expensive options.
We are planning a trip to Iowa shortly. We look forward to seeing all you Iowa people soon.
Ok, then. This weekend I finally got to go to the mall to shop for clothes. I even got a take another girl along. I know! It was so much fun. My neighbor Jen who went with probably didn't view it as being exciting as I did. But then again, she doesn't have kids and she leaves the house more than I do. :) It was nice to walk around, not in a rush, and look at stuff for me. Of course I bought a bunch of stuff for Aidan, but I made sure to get me a few things too. I don't often take the time or the initiative to take time for me. I really need to do that more often. I spend all my time taking care of others. Taking care of the house, Aidan, Julien, even the dog. I put most everything ahead of me. For instance, I have been meaning to buy shoes for 6 months now. I just keep putting it off, saying I don't have time for it. It doesn't take long to go pick up a pair of shoes. You just have to make the time. As for taking time to myself, I don't even have the excuse that it's hard on Aidan when I leave him. He's just fine. I could drop him at the neighbors to play and he wouldn't realize I was gone. It's hard on me to leave him. As any mother out there knows, no one is capable of caring for my child like I do. It's not that I truly think that no one is good enough to babysit. I do let others watch my child. It's the weird feeling of not having control. Having always been at home with Aidan, I never had to face that issue like the working moms I know did. (Let me clarify, the moms that work outside the home as well. Trust me, all moms work hard at home. Remember that when you go to buy your mom a mother's day present!) So it's still an issue for me. However, I had such a good time that I will have to make it a habit.
No comments:
Post a Comment