Monday, April 7, 2008

No Country for Old Men

So, this weekend Julien and I got the opportunity to sit and watch a movie in peace. This is a rare occurance in the Ross-Boon household. Usually, there is something more important that needs to be done and I leave Julien to watch the movie alone. But, this time I made sure to make time. We finally got around to watching No Country for Old Men. I really liked it. I'm not sure how many of you have seen it. For those who plan to, the violence is a little shocking but, doesn't typically last long. Just be prepared.
My first thought about the movie was, 'you just had to go back with a jug of water, didn't you?' You mean to tell me that you get a case of the guilts in the middle of the night and go back???? Idiot. But I soon got over it as I was terrified by Javier Bardem's character. The character himself is enough to give you nightmares but, somehow the hair just takes it over the edge. Now, I'm sure the actor is a nice guy and all. He must be used to people crossing to the other side of the street when they see him coming. And someone tell me the point of Woody Harrellson's character? He's there for maybe 10 minutes and surprise,surprise, he's dead. Really, that's it? I found him to be more annoying than anything.
The ending was a little abrupt. And the way things turn out is a little sad. And like all good movies, when the credits roll it leaves you asking questions. Everyone should go see it.X

No comments: