So this will be my "bragging post." I thought I would blog some of his developmental achievements so far. Not everyone gets to hear what he is up to or gets to see him. So this is for your benefit. Anyway, I am so proud of my little boy. He really has made the transition from baby to boy. Not only the way he looks but, in the things he does from day to day. He has about 50 words that he says often. Everyday it seems he picks up a new one. He just started using two word phrases. Mostly bye and something else. But it's a start. He finally mastered walking down the stairs by himself. He always been a little cautious. He's definitely not one to jump off the couch, if you know what I mean. He's almost tall enough to reach the pedals on his tricycle. He can push himself around on it even though he prefers to be pushed. He throws a ball overhand really well. He can kick a ball too. He works hard on catching but that will take a while. He loves to color! He even holds a crayon like an adult holds a pen. It's funny. He loves to paint. He's really getting into finger painting. He loves books. If you try to read him a book he doesn't want, he'll take it and give you a new one. He's doing great with his silverware although he prefers using his hands for a lot of things. He's starting to try out a cup without a lid. It's very exciting for him. You can see the pride in his face every time he conquers a challenge. For example, last night we went to the park to play on the equipment. He wanted to climb up the climbing ladder to get to the slide. Problem was it was taller than him. He ran up to me and said,'Mommy Mommy.' I asked him, 'Do you need help?' It was like a lightbulb went off and excitedly he said, 'Help!' and nodded. He knew there was a word that expressed his need, he was just looking for it. As soon as he heard it, it was like he finally made that piece of the puzzle fit. You could see him making the connection. What a wonderful moment. And it was one of the first times I can remember him nodding 'yes.' At this age, you don't get yeses very often and I'll take all that I can get. I love this age though. Even back at the daycare, I never minded taking the 12-24mos class. It's such an age of growth and accomplishment. There is so much change in every area. Motherhood has been an incredible rewarding experience. This stage is doubly so. Everyday I watch Aidan take leaps and bounds into independence. As sad as that makes me sometimes, the feeling of pride that I get is more rewarding than anything else I've ever done. Even better, I know that Aidan is proud of himself which means he's happy. That means I've done my job. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment