Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Doctors visits and Diaper Changes

We had an unexpected sick visit today. It seems our cold turned into a sinus infection. Poor little buddy's nose has been all icky for 10 days. It always seems that you have to wait 10days before the doctor will take you seriously. Hopefully we'll be back on our feet again soon. It's funny how my life now revolves around doctor's visits and diaper changes now. I was thinking about it the other day as I was reading an old friend's live journal posts. It's been almost 6 years since I left Iowa. I haven't seen a lot of old friends in years. I was certainly a different person back then. As I was reading this person's post (yes, it was yours Josh), I was wondering what all those old friends would think of my blog. What would they think of the change? I talk about babies, complain about my husband, and get excited when new Pottery Barn catalogs come out. It's a far cry from partying, going out to the bar, and ditching class. Even I think about how life has changed so dramatically for me. I always feel surprised by it and I don't know why. Six years ago, where did I really think I would end up? This is really what I always thought I would be doing. I guess the time flew by. I feel like I went to bed one night being 22 years old. Then I woke up the next morning, pushing 30, living all sorts of places, and with a huge set of responsibilities. In the end though, I always come to the realization that I did well. I left to experience life outside of Iowa and lived to tell the tale. Actually, I came to really like the east coast, which surprised me. I married a great guy, even with his faults, who is committed to his family. I have a beautiful and smart son. I have a nice house, and feel lucky that I don't fear losing it like a lot of people nowadays do. I have great friends all over the place. Maybe I don't hear from them as much as I would like *ahem* but they're awesome nonetheless. Really, I accomplished most of what I set out to do as I entered adulthood. I feel very blessed and lucky. And I need to try to keep that feeling with me all day long. It will help battle the daily frustrations of life. I wonder what all the old crew are up to. I really hope that they feel the same way about their lives. I wish I could find out what happened to them all. That would be fun. I wonder how many of them would relate to diapers and doctors visits?

No comments: