Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Pregnancy Update This Week (Pt. 1)

Tomorrow is my ultrasound. I'm excited to see what she looks like now. I've never had an ultrasound this late but I've heard they are really cool to see. The whole reason we are doing it is to check on her weight and growth. As everyone knows, Aidan was a huge baby. His delivery wasn't necessarily hard but, the recovery for me was. Hence the ultrasound now. Hopefully we will be able to gain some new information in order to make a decision about how to proceed with the delivery. So I'm excited and, at the same time, I'm nervous too. I'm really hoping they will tell me she's small or average. Although Julien keeps saying, "She's big. She's big." (That's hon. Can't I dream?) At my OB appointment this week, the doctor felt my stomach and thought that she didn't feel big. However, she said that there's no guarantee that even if she's small that I won't have tearing of some kind. She's starting to give me the vibe that she wants me to have a c section but isn't saying it. I understand that she can't guarantee anything. Heck, you can end up with a c section in the middle of labor for a lot of different reasons that have nothing to do with the baby's size. But, give me some kind of information to work with. This is a big decision so give me some facts please. We'll see what happens after the ultrasound. At least my old OB gave me some guidelines to use the last time I saw her. If there's a big growth or weight gain on my part in the last couple weeks, we can repeat the ultrasound at 39 weeks. Either way, this baby will be here in just a few weeks. It's hard to believe. Where has the time gone? I hope I get everything ready in time, including being ready mentally for this big event and big change. I'm glad we are having our neighborhood block party this weekend. One last big party before the big day.

No comments: