Sunday, July 19, 2009

Down to the Wire

As my time has been winding down, I've frantically been trying to get to everything on my to-do list. I've noticed, though, that with each passing day I seem to move slower and slower. This week was actually quite productive despite my slowing speed. We were able to stock the freezer with a bunch of essentials that will come in handy after Olivia's arrival. I made a ton of cookies. 6 dozen, give or take a few. Julien was able to get to the yard and finish the hand digging left over from his huge yard project. I was able to get to the bathrooms upstairs today, which was a big accomplishment. I celebrated by taking an hour long nap afterwards. Hey, it was a lot of work. :) I'm getting to the end of my list and hoping that when I do, I will feel the sense of relief and preparedness that I'm hoping for. We'll see. I'm also trying to make sure that Aidan stays busy and that we get to do some fun things together before I'm home bound. We went to see Ice Age 3 this week. That was a lot of fun. The theater was pretty empty so it was nice to have a whole row to ourselves. Aidan liked the dinosaurs in the movie. We are about to finish gymnastics class, which I don't think we will be taking again. Not a big hit. However, we start swimming lessons next weekend and I think that will be much more fun for him. And it's a Daddy and Aidan project. I figure if he's going to learn the basics of swimming, he should be with someone who can actually swim and isn't afraid to dunk his head. It might make the lessons more successful.

Well, we have playgroup this week as well as an OB appointment. It'll be the last minute dash to finish nesting. And trying to get some rest here and there too. Wish me luck. :) I'll keep you updated.

No comments: