In all the election buzz, I neglected to post about Halloween. This year Aidan was a lion. He was so cute! He roared all night and was particularly protective of his tail. He kept looking to see if it was still there. Now he's obsessed with tails. To start off the night, we went to a couple houses down the street to trick or treat. At first, Aidan didn't really understand what we were doing. However, when he figured out that candy was involved, he became much more interested. All the neighbors got together in the circle with their candy. Aidan kept taking candy for everyone else's bowl and putting it in ours. Then, when all the trick or treaters came Aidan was so excited. He kept saying "More kids Mommy! Look! More kids!" I had to keep my eye on him to make sure he didn't run off with all the other kids. At the end of the night, all us adults gathered around the fire pit and hung out. There were some interesting "fireworks" as well. It's interesting, when a neighborhood is new and everyone is getting to know each other, people are nice and everyone has a good time. Then, as we all get used to each other it seems that's when problems arise. I think we're starting to see some strain in relationships. But, in the end it was a good night.
Then Sunday the 2nd, Julien and I took his parents to the Rams v. Cardinals. This was Julien and my first NFL game. We had nosebleed seats but, it was fun. The Cardinals won the game, which made us happy as we are Cardinals fans. Although at the end, we just felt bad for the Rams. They just fell apart. Next time we go, I think we will get better seats. :)
Well, as I am recovering from a horrible cold, we are preparing for more visitors. A friend from the east coast will be out for business. Then an old friend is coming to visit next weekend and we are really looking forward to that. It's been years since we've seen him and it'll be nice to hang out and catch up. So, again things are busy as always. It's always a game of catch up.
lucy walking (on video for the first time)
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment