We just got back from voting. Luckily, the lines were short and we didn't have to wait long. No matter what your political stance is, make sure you vote! As a woman, I feel it is my duty to do so. There were many women who sacrificed and suffered greatly in their fight. In doing so, they secured my rights. I feel all women need to honor the work of these brave women and exercise that right. I also believe it's important for Aidan to go with me and see me voting. He's too young for it to make an impression now, but in the future I hope to set the example for him and set up the expectation that he be involved in the process as well. I see too many people who are ambivalent about it and end up passing down a sense of apathy to the next generation. The only way to ensure change and progress is to be part of the solution and get involved! I'll get off my soap box now. :) I'll be eagerly awaiting the results tonight, as I know many of my friends will be too. So, in conclusion, quit reading this and GO VOTE!!!
PS: Go Obama!!!! :) I had to get that in there.
lucy walking (on video for the first time)
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment