Thursday, November 13, 2008

Another Normal Week in the Ross-Boon House

We always seem busy around here. However the last couple weeks we have been derailed by colds. Last week, I was out of commission most of the week and miserable. This week it was Julien' s turn. (Luckily, Aidan's been the healthiest of us all.) So, we didn't get much done. Once I was well again, it was time to get to work as we were expecting company on two different occasions this week. So, I got the whole house clean in about 3 days instead of taking the week to do it as usual. I know, you're thinking that's an awful long time just to clean, but the house is big and I always have other important things come up and someone to distract me. (Wonder who??) Last night, we had our first round of guests. Our friend Jeff from Maryland is out here for business. Julien used to work with him and our families have been friends for years now. (Wow, has it been that long?) We took him out for our customary dinner and ice cream- Thai House for dinner and Oberweis for home made Ice Cream. And, as usual, both were great! (Sorry Catherine, we thought of you the whole time, I promise!) We caught up on what the kids are doing and how everyone in Maryland is. It was a really nice time. Hopefully, we all will be able to get together again soon. Maybe they can come visit or maybe when it's their turn to move. :)

The next visitor is due to arrive on Saturday and I really hope he makes it. Julien is really looking forward to this weekend and will be crushed if he doesn't make it. So, I'll have to let you know how it goes.

For the rest of this week, I will be taking care of loose ends that I've been meaning to get to as the house is now clean. Tomorrow morning our playgroup is meeting again. Our leader had to move us to a new website that didn't charge (it wasn't fair to make her pay $20 a month to organize us online) and now we are trying to recover and find all the old members. I really hope it survives because it's a lot of fun. Tomorrow we are going back to the Creation Station at the Transportation Museum. That place is so much fun! There are so many different things to do there. Friday night is going to be exciting as well! Some of us girls from the neighborhood are having a Girls' Night. This is the first time we have done something like this. I really hope it goes well as it was my idea and I will feel bad if it doesn't. :) I'm sure it will be an interesting night either way. Then next week we will start preparing for Thanksgiving and a visit to Iowa. Hard to believe that Thanksgiving is almost here and Christmas is around the corner. There is so much to do and I am falling behind already! Hope everyone has a great weekend.

No comments: