We've had a very exciting development in the last couple days. Aidan told me last night that he had to go potty. At first, I thought it was only because Kevin had gone to the bathroom and Aidan thought everything he did was awesome. But he went in and got his pants down, we got the diaper off, and he sat on his potty. He smiled big and said "I go potty Mommy!" Sure enough about 10 seconds later, he peed!! He was so proud and Mommy was excited! So I gave him some fruit snacks as a reward. Then he didn't want to get his diaper back on. (I hope these are good signs.) Then today, again he told me he had to go. So we tried again and he peed. And once again it was a fight to get the diaper back on. More fruit snacks were had and a call to Daddy at work was made. :) After nap he said he had to poop and tried for a while, but no luck this time. We were too early I think. About 10 minutes or so later, he pooped in his diaper. I've started letting him flush the poop from his diaper in an attempt to motivate him. I read it somewhere and it sounded like a good idea. So, we have taken baby steps. We aren't ready for full blown training yet but it may be soon. I think we will go this weekend and let him pick out some training pants. I don't know if Mommy's ready for this. Any and all suggestions are welcome!
More about Kevin's visit later. It was a great visit. I'm really glad he was able to make it down. Now, off to sleep!
lucy walking (on video for the first time)
14 years ago
1 comment:
How exciting! Enjoy this ride!
Post a Comment