Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Christmas Plans

Hard to believe but, Christmas is just around the corner. It always seems to sneak up on me. This year I've been giving a lot of thought to what to do for the kids this year. Aidan has so many toys that I really don't think he needs another one, although he would surely disagree with me. And Olivia will be inheriting a lot of Aidan's old toys once she's big enough to play with them. The one thing I really would like to get them that I think they would use is a play set. I really wanted to get one this year for Aidan as he's the perfect age for it. Next year I think they both will love it. Olivia can swing at least until she's old enough to climb and explore. Julien is planning on buying a blueprint set that comes with designs and the metal hardware you need and building it himself. Should save us a bit on it which helps. Usually I get asked by family what to get Aidan for Christmas so here's my thought for this year. Honestly he doesn't need a ton of presents to open this year. Christmas gets a little out of hand in our house and I don't want him to expect this every year. So, if you really want to get him and Olivia something I would recommend books for both, dinosaur stuff for Aidan, and I guess clothes for Olivia since I'm not sure what else to get her. Otherwise I would ask that you contribute to our play set fund as I think this will be more useful over the years and it will be something they'll remember forever. Now, I understand that some people may not agree with me putting it out there like that. It's not my intention to offend anyone or tell people what to get my kids or tell them to get them something in the first place. But, if you are interested, here's what I think. Either way, I know the kids are going to have a fantastic Christmas. I'm hoping we will be able to spend time with both families but, we'll see how much time off Julien gets. Aidan will off for the holiday at preschool for about 10 days. And yes, today was the start of preschool! I will tell you all about that later. I'm about to leave to get him now. Let's just say there was no crying when I left him this morning. More on that later. If you have any ideas comments about Christmas, please feel free to leave them.

1 comment:

Freya said...

I think a playset is a wonderful idea! I know how much the girls love ours.

Sophie seems to be the boss on what Aidan "needs" for christmas. *shrugs* She thinks since she went to your house she knows it all now.

I hope she will be a bit better about letting us help pick something out then she was for his birthday. She's so demanding. I can only imagine what she's gonna be like as a teen. YIKES!

I don't see anything wrong with saying what the kids want or suggesting the playset fund. Gives everyone ideas and heck, money is sometimes easier to send. So it's all good. :)