Saturday, October 3, 2009

Baby News and Soccer Update

Things have felt very busy lately. There never seems to be enough time and it feels like everything needs my attention all at once. We've had some mad dashes to get the house clean. First, for Julien's aunt and uncle from the Quad Cities then for a friend in from DC that Julien used to work with. Although it's a lot of work, I can't have people over and the house be a mess and it helps me keep up with the house anyway. Olivia has gone back to sleeping in her swing. She wasn't sleeping well in the crib and seems to do better sitting up more. She gets congested at night, or at least that's what it sounds like. She would constantly wake up and it was getting a little old for me. So I tried her in her swing again and it worked. So, I've been in the living room with her as I refuse to take the swing up and down the stairs all the time. So far she'll do up to a 6 hour stretch between feedings and sleep up to 5 hours. She has one good stretch and then is up usually 3 hours later and then a little bit after that she's up for the day. She is the early riser I feared she'd be. Usually up at 6a although I can cuddle with her and convince her to sleep a little bit longer sometimes. I am not a morning person at all. I have no idea where she gets this early morning thing from. She's eating more at a time, up to 5 oz. She still has those times where she doesn't eat much and she eats more often. She has a horrible time getting to and staying asleep. And I still have to be careful laying her flat after eating or she spits up. She still fusses more than Aidan did. Although the sleeping at night seems to be helping some. But there's a two hour period from about 5-7p where she just fusses. It's her witching hour I guess. On the positive side, we are getting a lot more smiles from her. She can smile so big! It's so cute. Aidan has a flat smile like Daddy. Livvie has a big smile, more like mine. She also has started cooing which is equally cute. We have little talks. It's fun. She's starting to reach for toys above her when she lays on her back. I'm still having problems getting her to track an object past the midline. I think that will come with time though. She's getting big! She's too long for some 0-3mos stuff and into some of her 3-6 mos stuff. Aidan was 6 weeks when he moved into 3-6 mos clothes so she's not as big for sure. But I see more chub in her cheeks lately. And her head is big enough to wear headbands and not have them fall off. She looks so cute in them.

Aidan had soccer again today. Apparently all the kids took their hyper pills before class as they all had problems listening. In their defense, their normal coach wasn't there today. He still had fun even though half the time Daddy was trying to get him to listen. (I guess that really wouldn't effect his fun though would it?) He did really well at Red light Green light today. We practiced that one. :) And the big accomplishment was that Aidan was in underwear during soccer today. And no accidents! Yay! I took a little video today. I'm going to try to get some better ones next week. Tim and Gina will be here. I'm sure they will get a big kick out of watching Aidan at soccer too. So, enjoy the video.

No comments: