So, we had our pediatrician appointments Monday morning. Luckily Julien was able to meet us there as both kids got shots. I know he's really busy at work so I appreciated that he was able to skip out for a couple hours. Of course the day he needs to get back to work at a decent time is the day that the nurse is out. Which means that the docs were doing everything from getting weights and giving shots. So they were behind of course. Luckily, only 15 minutes behind though. (I love that at our office 15 minutes behind is unusual!) Olivia went first. She is now 12 lbs 3 oz and 22 1/2". That's 75% for weight and 50-75% for height. She's gained 2 more pounds and another half inch in a month. She's growing so fast! The doctor was pleased with her progress overall. I told her about the fussiness and gas. She think that just may be the way she is. (She said she may be high maintenance. I think that's pretty true. :) ) She did recommended elevating one end of her mattress a little to help her sleep at night. She didn't think she had reflux although she said it's possible. Either way it's not enough to concern her. She got two shots, no flu shots though as she is too young. She may get one at the end of the flu season when she's old enough. Aidan was 34.8 pounds and 39 1/2". That's 75% weight and 90% height. Boy did he shoot up this year! I swear he was 35" maybe 36" last year. That's a big jump. But that's my bean pole. :) He did such a good job during the exam. He even sat still long enough to have his hearing checked. And he was very brave about his flu shot. First he cried it hurt him and then when he saw the band aid, he immediately wanted to show his friends. So funny! He got a bag of goldfish crackers and two stickers for being so good. We talked about the swine flu shot. They didn't have them in yet but she recommended getting it for him. She said that they expect a lull in swine flu cases that would be followed by the onset of flu A and B cases. So, just getting one shot would leave him vulnerable for the other half of the flu season. So, when they come in, we will return for him to get the other shot. That's another shot Olivia is too young for. The doc was happy about his potty training. It was nice not to have to ask her for advice and have to say "no he isn't yet" when she asked. She said it was time for him to go back to the allergist and to see the dentist. Luckily it's open enrollment time at work for Julien so he can add him to our dental plan. Now it's time for him to get ready for preschool. She actually asked if he's in a preschool program yet. She said he's more than ready from what we could report on his social skills and his academic skills. So, today I called two preschools in the area and have scheduled an appointment to go see them. I'm a little sad about it actually. When did my baby grow up? How can it be that he's potty trained and old enough for school? There were times when I thought this day would never come and look, now it's here! So I'll look at La Petit and a Montessori school this week and go from there. I may go see the preschool at the Y too. He has a friend in that preschool. They only have half day programs where the other two have full day. I'm trying to decide whether to do two full days or three half days. And then we have to figure out how to pay for it. :-S I'm sure we'll find some money somewhere. After the medical bills get their share and we finish paying off Julien's school bill. Ah, lovely. Just another fun part of being an adult. I have a feeling next year will be cheaper! LOL!! I can hope anyway. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment