Saturday, September 26, 2009

Happy Birthday Aidan!





Aidan had a great birthday this year. We had a few of his playgroup friends over in the morning. My neighbor had decorated some cupcakes for me. They turned out really cute. Aidan couldn't wait to eat them. So, he and his friends played and had lunch. We all sang to him and he blew out his candle. After filling the kids full of sugar, we opened presents and played some more. Later that day, we had dinner with our friends Mike and Jen. They got him a soccer ball and net. He loves them!



















In fact he had soccer again this morning. He joined in right away this time. Although at one point, he told Julien, "Daddy I feel shy." Julien had to ask him to repeat himself cause he couldn't believe that Aidan had said that. How many three year olds do you know that know when they feel shy and will tell you? So, Julien told him that it was ok and that they could just watch till he felt better. A couple minutes later they joined the class again. (I got there late with Olivia so I missed this.) But, I saw him do all the drills and listen to the coach. Much better job than last time. And they got their class shirts today. He was so excited to put it on. I think soccer class was a good idea. He's really enjoying himself. Next time I'm going to take some video of him at class.

1 comment:

Safire said...

Happy Birthday Aidan! Sounds like he had a fun party. :)