Exciting stuff happening this week. First there's the 1am wake up I got from Aidan cause he had to go potty. I was more than happy to get up and help him. I was just shocked he woke up. It was kind of convenient timing too because Olivia woke up for a feeding as soon as I was done with Aidan. Then, last night Olivia went 6 hours between feedings. She did wake up briefly at 2:30a but went back to sleep after a diaper change. Then after she ate at 4:45a she went back to sleep til 7:30a. It was heaven. Now if she had skipped the diaper change, it would have been perfection. :) I wish that could become the norm. Then today she was actually pretty calm in the car, including falling asleep in the car. I think the patron saint of babies who scream in the car was looking out for me this afternoon. Yesterday the patron saint of lost keys was there for me at Costco when I about had a panic attack when I realized my keys were gone. Someone had already turned them into customer service. (I think I cashed in some of my karma this week.)
The most exciting thing this week was touring preschools with Aidan. We went to tour the Montessori preschool and La Petit. Having given those kinds of tours when I worked at Busy Bee, it was odd to be on the other side of that situation. Although very helpful in knowing what exactly to ask. Aidan liked going to visit too. At the Montessori school, he walked away from me almost immediately and started playing and talking to the kids. And one of the teachers engaged him right away too, which impressed me. Then he sat with them for story time as I toured the rest of the building and didn't realize I was gone. I think he's going to adjust just fine. So, after touring them and talking with Julien we've decided to send Aidan to the Montessori Preschool. I think it's a better fit for him. I think they'll be more supportive of his learning style. I certainly think he's a kinetic learner. Next week I'll call and talk about when we can enroll him and what days he'll attend. Lots happening this coming week too. We have Nana and Grandpa visiting. We have a trip to Iowa and my folks get to meet Olivia finally. We are going to see a lot of my family this week. And of course, soccer continues on next weekend. We're going to busy and very tired by the time it's all over. But, hey, that's the norm around here.
lucy walking (on video for the first time)
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment