Well, I think we've recovered from our trip to Iowa. Although I think it reinforced Olivia's dislike of the car. (It may be a long year before she gets to turn around and face forward.) As soon as we were home it was off to the races as normal. Off to soccer, where Aidan seems to be listening less and less each time we go. I think we have come to the conclusion that we will go back to soccer if he wants to when he's older and ready. Sunday was laundry and cleaning and trying to catch up while exhausted. This week has been more go-go-go. We managed to accomplish this week getting the Civic inspected and re-registered, going to playgroup, getting Aidan's physical form completed for preschool, going to the post office, and I even read a book.(I know, don't be shocked. When Olivia wants to be held while napping I figured I should make good use of the time. I read Breakfast at Tiffany's this week.) Also this week I was able to schedule with the photographer who is coming out to take the kids' pictures. I won this photo package way back when I won the mural in Olivia's room. I'm excited about this. They will be Olivia's first pictures. And the photographer is bringing backgrounds and we don't have to deal with going somewhere to have them done. I still have to get their outfits, which I better hurry up and do as we're scheduled for Sunday afternoon. I'm hoping that next month we will be able to do a family portrait and Christmas card. We're not doing it this weekend because we only get so much for free and I'm not sure what this guys prices are. And I know of a place here where I can get 40 pics of one pose for $10. That's definitely in my price range. :)
We also had an exciting thing happen today. Not only did Olivia turn 12 weeks old today but she rolled over for the first time! We were playing on the floor and I noticed she's close to rolling from back to tummy. I thought she might be able to make the other way around so I turned her over and got the camera, just in case. Sure enough, two minutes later, she got herself all the way over! And I was able to video tape it on my camera. I actually have Aidan's first rollover on video too. How cool is that? I love being home and seeing all the firsts. It's amazing how quickly Olivia is growing and changing. She's incredibly strong. When we sit together, she tries to pull herself up to a sitting position. She has abs of steel! :) It won't be long until she's sitting up and then crawling. I know the time will fly by even faster than it did with Aidan. Hopefully that means sleeping through the night is around the corner too. (No, she still isn't doing that.)
Tomorrow we're off to playgroup to paint pottery. Should be fun!
lucy walking (on video for the first time)
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment