Monday, March 1, 2010

Back to Normal

You'll all be happy to know that everyone is now well in the Ross-Boon house! :) Olivia was the last one to fully recover. Everyone has returned to school and work, life has returned to normal. Thank goodness.

Aidan has been doing great at preschool. Every week he brings home a "letter page" where he traces the letter of the week. I've noticed a real improvement lately. His Vs and Ws were really good. It's amazing to see the pieces start to come together for him. He has a lot going on this month at preschool too. We have Easter parties and parent events for preschool and playgroup coming up. And St. Patty's day too. Can't wait for that! I'm already planning my annual St. Patty's day feast! Corned Beef, cabbage, carrots and parsnips, potatoes, and soda bread. Yum! Then we have my Dad's retirement coming up and a trip up to see them hopefully sometime soon. So lots going on. Thank goodness we're all well now so we can get started.

Olivia is feeling better. So good in fact, that at 5:45 this morning I was woken by the sound of her babbling loudly to herself. And I mean LOUDLY. Even when I eventually took her downstairs, she was so loud that Julien could hear her up in our room. She has definitely found her voice. She's also getting close to going from laying down to sitting up all by herself. She also gets up on her hands and knees while in her crib, but for some reason, not any other time. I imagine it won't be long before I see her doing that everywhere. I got the convertible car seat out and cleaned the cover up. I can't wait to get her in it and be done with the pumpkin seat forever. :)

We're also anxiously awaiting the arrival of spring and warm weather! I have so many plans for the yard and flowers again. I still have to get and transplant my Grandmother's flowers. Julien has plans for the backyard again so more grading and mess. I'm still hoping a playset will appear in my backyard something this summer too. Even if the patio waits until next year, which it probably will, the playset would be a huge help. I can't wait to get started on it all. Come on warm weather! We're ready!

No comments: