As one person gets well, another bites the dust. Julien's allergies are out of control the last couple days. Poor guy, he looks like he got socked in the eye as it's all swollen. On the other hand, Olivia seems over her cold now. She hardly coughs and generally seems more happy. She's back to eating with a vengeance. She's downing 7 ounces on average and will sit for half an hour in her highchair and eat cheerios happily. She gets half of them in her lap but the other half actually make it to her mouth. She's getting pretty good at feeding herself. We also found out this week that she likes carrots. Who knew? Aidan hated them and still doesn't really eat them. Green beans she can do without, but if it's orange she likes it.
Today was gorgeous so we spent as much time outside as possible. After lunch, we played in the back yard. Olivia promptly rolled off the blanket and into the grass. Aidan freaked out the first time he touched grass. Olivia was fascinated. She kept running her hands through it. We went back out after nap time. Olivia even went down the baby slide, with help. She was a little confused about what was going on. But, she loved watching the big kids play. Aidan would stay outside all day long if he could. This weekend is going to be rainy and cold. Yuck. Seems a little unfair that the week would be nice and the weekend would be crappy. Oh well. I have a lot to do in the house this weekend, so at least I won't be distracted.
My Craigslist adventures have been pretty successful. I sold the cradle, car seat, breast pump, and some maternity clothes. I've decided to take a bunch of kids clothes, the rest of my maternity clothes, and some toys to a consignment sale. So, I have to hang everything up, make sure everything is clean, and that all the batteries work. I also have to price everything and tag it. So, guess what I will be doing this weekend? I've been able to get hangers from some friends and that has helped a ton. I'll really hoping this sale will go well so I can add to the playset fund. I should be about half way there. This sale won't get me the rest of the way, but I'll be close. I can't wait!
lucy walking (on video for the first time)
14 years ago
1 comment:
I always thought it was funny Mom used the "carrots help you see better!" schtick and 3/4 of us end up in glasses! :)
Post a Comment