The stomach flu is going around and it has officially hit our house. Olivia threw up Saturday night and Sunday afternoon. Saturday, in bed right after I laid her down, and Sunday, while I was holding her. Lucky for me I pointed her away from me and not at me. However my carpet was not as lucky. Also she's had the nastiest diapers I've ever changed. Let's just say we've been changing outfits pretty regularly. I knew it was a matter of time before Aidan got it too. Monday he went to school and seemed like he felt pretty good. By Monday night, he was miserable. However, on more than one occasion, we've commented on how Aidan is not a puker. He's done it once and it was very small. He didn't even spit up much after 6 months old. Kid has an iron stomach. (Kinda like Mommy. :) ) Well, he threw up twice Monday night. Fortunately we were able to realize what was about to happen and get him to the bathroom in time. For Aidan to get physically ill, you know he's really sick. He even woke up at 4a crying cause he had thrown up a little on his blanket and wanted new jammies too. Since then his tummy seems to have settled. Today, he got up before me and went and laid on the couch waiting for me. (Which is weird. He's never done that before.) I got him to eat a piece of toast and drink some water, then set him up with one of his dinosaur movies. He barely moved. Then at about 10:30 he asked to go to his room and lay down. And there he's been since sleeping away. While he's been napping I took the opportunity to sanitize a bunch of toys, doorknobs, light switches, clean bathrooms, and wash laundry and bedding. I hope I can get rid of some of the germs and maybe save us some misery. It doesn't hurt to try. Olivia's mood has been better today. She's drinking her bottles pretty well and she's busy playing and babbling. But we can't seem to get over the diarrhea. So far, no signs of dehydration so I'm not sure what else I can do. I'm hoping that it will start to clear on its own. As for poor Aidan, I don't see preschool happening for him tomorrow. Even though he'll make the whole 24 hour free rule, he's just wiped out right now. I really hope Julien and I don't go down next. But if we do, we better not get sick at the same time. That would be a nightmare.
No comments:
Post a Comment