Monday, March 15, 2010

Here We Go Again....

You know how I said in the last post that everyone was well again? Scratch that. Olivia has been suffering with a cold for about 10 days now. It seems like she's coming out of it now but this weekend was hard on her. She was so tired that she took 4 naps a day instead of 2 and still slept through the night. She's back to playing and laughing and eating so I think we may avoid the doctor's office this time around.

Things have been busy. Olivia has been doing new things and growing like a weed! She now sleeps through the night although, she isn't a sound sleeper like Aidan. She'll lose her pacifier or cry out for a minute for no reason. But she sleeps 7p-6a usually. Sometimes she's up earlier than that, which I am not a big fan of. She's also going from laying down to sitting by herself. And she's getting on all fours now too. She'll scoot forward a little bit but no real crawling yet. And no teeth yet. Aidan was 7 mos when he got his first one but, no teeth so far. But she's got more hair than he did at this point. It's really come in, and it's finally growing in the back too. It's still darker than Aidan's. I think it may stay that color for a while. And if her eyes stay blue, she'll have such striking looks. Even if her hair and eyes change color, she'll still be a looker. :) What are the odds we'd have two blue eyed kids though?? Crazy!

Aidan and I are still active in playgroup, or as active as our schedule allows us to be. Unfortunately, the leader of the playgroup had some issues with some members and an email war broke out. It has really disappointing to see that grown women couldn't keep a playgroup civil and resolve our issues as adults and be good examples for our children. So, it broke up and ended up turning into two groups. The positive side of this is that we were able to form a new group that shares responsibility and we were able to find a way to run the group without dues. (Cause issues always come up when money is involved and when one person is put in charge.) Another plus was being able to see who people really are by their reactions (or overreactions) to the situation. Nowadays, I have no time for other people's nonsense. Life is too short. I'm glad that our friends were able to roll with the punches and that we were able to stick together. I'm looking forward to hanging out this summer. As well as Aidan is doing in school, I'll be glad when he's out for the summer. I think we'll be doing two days a week next year, especially since he'll have a whole other year after that due to his late birthday.

I've been gearing up to get rid of a lot of the baby stuff and clothes that have accumulated in the house. The infant car seat and extra base went on Craigslist last week and were sold and gone in less than 24 hours. Awesome! I put the cradle on today and in 20 minutes had two emails about it. I'm hoping I can get it sold and gone in a day or so. I'd like to get rid of the big stuff now and maybe have a garage sale for the clothes. I'd like to do a consignment sale but I missed one already and I don't think I'll make the next one coming up. There's one an hour away but I don't know if I want to drive that far. There's an outdoor sale at a local high school coming in May but it's rain or shine. I'd rather have a garage to hide in if it rains. I thought about the local consignment store but I'm not a big fan of it. Not well organized and way over stocked. I'd like to get as much as I can from all this stuff as the money I earn from it will go towards the playset fund. If I can get the cradle sold, I think I'll be half way there. Very exciting!!

Well, we all have trips coming up soon to get ready for. My parents' anniversary is coming up as is my Dad's last day at work! Woohoo! And the annual St. Patty's day feast at my house! Yum! The house will smell so good on Wednesday. I'll let you know how it goes. :)

No comments: