Remember how I said that Olivia had fluid in her ear? Well, by Friday morning she wasn't much better and, on top of it, Aidan woke up saying his ear hurt. So off to the doctor all three of us! Nice of them to coordinate their schedules and be sick at the same time. Saved me a trip. :) Sure enough, Aidan had an ear infection just getting warmed up in his right ear. (Once again he was right. I always listen to that kid when he says his ear hurts.) And Olivia's left ear was infected too now. So, antibiotics for both. It's kinda nice that at least one of them can take his medicine by himself using a medicine spoon. We spent the day trying to recoup and waiting patiently for Nana and Grandpa to arrive. Aidan loves it when they come to play. He even got them to himself Saturday afternoon as they took him to the Magic House. It was a nice break for us. We don't ever have a chance to be together just Olivia, Julien and I. Not since the hospital when we were all getting acquainted. :) Besides Nana and Grandpa coming to visit, the neighbor and I went to a spa party at my friend Sam's house. Nothing better than beauty treatments and a nice adult beverage. Then there was the Super Bowl of course. The Walters joined us for the game, ribs, wings, and chips. It was my first time making ribs that didn't involve a crock pot. Even though it took all day, they were awesome. The toffee brownies I made were way easy to make and were awesome too. We enjoyed the game more than the commercials for the first time and the team we were rooting for won. All in all, a good day. :) Now, Nana and Grandpa have left, were eating leftovers, and still recovering from ear infections. Strangely enough, I've noticed Olivia sleeps better when she's sick. Is that strange? This week is Valentine's Day parties and a four day weekend for Aidan from school. Oh, and the "snow storm" were supposed to get tonight. A whole 3-5 inches predicted. I highly doubt we'll even get that. It may sound weird but, I'd kinda like a big snow that keeps us in the house just once. That doesn't happen much here, yet every time they call for snow they act like it's the big one. You can only cry wolf so many times Weatherman! Now bring on the snow!
2 comments:
See, you shouldn't have moved away. Then you could enjoy a day snowed in. :) 30 inches will do that to ya.
Aidan would have gone crazy for all that snow! He was loving the 3 inches we got last night. Stay warm out there!
Post a Comment