Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentine's Day 2010

I hope everyone had a great Valentine's Day. Aidan had two parties this week, one at preschool and one with his playgroup buds. He has a ton of cards and lots of lollipops. (They seemed to be the candy of choice this year.) He and Olivia enjoyed both parties. Aidan and Daddy picked out some flowers for Olivia and I. They are making the house smell great! I got two hyacinths and may have to re-pot them and try to keep them in the house. As long as the cats don't eat them that is. I also got some chocolates which were tasty. Aidan and I made some heart shaped cookies with sprinkles. And Aidan got a new Mighty Machines video, a card, and some candy. Oh, Julien got to play his video game all day without me bugging him to stop and do something else. :)

Olivia has been doing much better sleeping lately. She goes to bed around 6:30-7pm and around 10-11pm, she gets up for her last bottle of the night. Then she's able to sleep until 6-7am. Although she will wake up for her pacifier during the night. Last night it was just once though. I'm ok with that schedule. Hopefully, we can phase out the 10pm bottle soon but I'm in no hurry. I'm just glad we're to this point. I'm really glad I took the other night time feedings away. She didn't need them and I really appreciate getting more sleep. She's down to two naps during the day. Although the times alternate some. Sometimes it's the morning and noon. Other days it's noon and late afternoon. I have to say, she definitely marches to the beat of her own drummer. Aidan was so predictable and on schedule. Olivia has really thrown me for a loop. She's a lot more flexible which is nice when I have errands to run and since Aidan is in preschool. But when we have a quiet day at home, she can still be all over the place. Not so much fun. I'm hoping things will even out for her this summer when Aidan is out of school. I have a sneaking suspicion that she will switch to one nap early, which actually may be a good thing. I have a feeling this summer will be busy for us. Anyway, I'm sure we'll figure it out in the end. I have definitely learned that babies are completely different and not to have too many expectations when you bring them home. Aidan and Olivia do things differently and have their own rhythm, with their own challenges and perks. But they are both pretty happy kids and fun to be around.

No comments: