Friday, December 4, 2009

A Visit With Santa!



Today was our first field trip with preschool. We headed to the Oakland House for a puppet show, Santa, and a cookie from Mrs. Claus. Aidan was very excited to go see Santa and ask him, in person, for his crane. We got there early and had to wait outside. The place wasn't big enough to have a place to wait until our time. The place is an old mansion but every room on the first floor has an activity that the kids do then you exit the backdoor. (Which was kind of odd. Felt like you were either sneaking out or getting booted out.) So we wait outside and luckily Olivia and I kept snuggled and she stayed warm. Aidan ran around with the kids and got crazy. First you see a puppet show and hear a story. Aidan was very good about sitting and listening. I was impressed as some of the other 3 year olds were a little more hyper. Then they usher you into see Santa. Luckily I was standing next to the door since I had Olivia in the baby carrier and can't really sit with her, and we were 3rd in line. Aidan got up on Santa's lap and asked him for his crane. Which, I don't think "Santa" understood and thought Aidan said train. Oh well. Santa was trying. :) Then Aidan and Olivia got to sit with Santa and I took some pictures. Olivia almost got a handful of Santa's beard which could've been disastrous. Luckily, we were able to get away without de-bearding Santa and were ushered to the kitchen to see Mrs. Claus and get his cookie. Mrs. Claus had a neat dress on, like she was straight out of a book. And the smell of fresh baked cookies all through the house was awesome. So we found a spot to sit real quick and Aidan and I ate our cookies. The ladies there fawned over Olivia and took turns holding her for me. I quickly packed up my camera, the carrier, a blanket, and got Aidan's coat on. He turned to me and told me he didn't want to leave yet. Considering we were there a grand total of 30 minutes, I kind of agreed with him. I was hoping there would be more for him to do. I know it's only $3 to get in but I was hoping for more. But, we were ushered out the back door and out we went. On the way to the car, Aidan and I decided to head to the Bread Co. and get a bagel or something. Our friends Samantha, Gabi and Joey were able to join us too. So we had a little snack and the boys were crazy together. After that we were all beat and headed home for some lunch and a well earned nap after a successful field trip.

No comments: