My poor kids. Last Thursday they were fine, healthy, and happy. Friday was the preschool holiday party at which, I noticed Aidan had a runny nose. Well, it all went downhill from there. By the time Nana and Grandpa got here, both kids were congested and draining. By the time Saturday got here, poor Olivia couldn't sleep on her back so she slept in her car seat for a couple days. Saline nasal spray really seemed to help her as did the humidifier. Monday she seemed a lot better and I thought we'd dodged a trip to the doc. Aidan was much better on Sunday too. But like his little sister, his congestion has returned too. So, benadryl, a humidifier in his room, and that mentholated soap in his bath have been in order. They all seem to help but he hasn't kicked it yet. His poor face got chapped from all the wiping but even that seems improved since a little aquaphor and lip balm. The drainage is making him cough a little in the morning but that seems to be the only time. I think he only has a cold and there isn't much that can be done. Olivia, I'm not sure. She had a fever Saturday night but it broke with tylenol and didn't return. She isn't sleeping at night very well and has been a cranky pants today. She has fought sleep. Poor thing, on top of it all is still battling those teeth. Although I see white on her bottom gums, nothing has come through. And I see a lot of white. I think it's really bothering her which creates a problem for me. Which is it really? Is it a cold and possible ear infection or it is teething which won't improve until those puppies come through? Not to mention the fact that Christmas is days away and we are to be traveling eventually. Ugh. I really thought we had dodged the doctor but I made an appointment for Olivia tomorrow morning. I'll give her one more night but somehow, I don't think she'll sleep any better. It's going to be a long night. I just hope the doctor has some ideas about how to help the kids out.
1 comment:
Sorry she is sick! Hope you have a very Merry Christmas.
Post a Comment