We're been a flurry of baking activity lately. Since this weekend, I've made 9 dozen cookies (dried cherry and almond cookies, triple chocolate butterscotch pecan cookies, and candy cane blossoms), two batches of party mix and a pan of oatmeal cream cheese butterscotch bars. I have already gone through three pounds of butter. By Friday I will have made 4 dozen more cookies. And next week I plan on making cookies to take to my parents' house. I may even have the courage to try and make kringlas. For the non-Norwegian contingent who read this, they are a cross between a bread and a cookie that are baked in the shape of a pretzel. They are a family tradition and time intensive but so worth the effort. We'll see how it goes. Hopefully next week I will have the time to get all these things done. This week has been crazy busy. Aidan has his playgroup Christmas party, his preschool Christmas party, I have the Moms Playgroup Christmas party, and Julien's work Christmas party. Not to mention that I have a hair appointment (yea!) and I'm getting the house clean for Nana and Grandpa to come. Whew. Thank goodness Olivia has been sleeping well at night. She's been sleeping 7:00ish to 3:00ish. Which is awesome and totally doable. In fact, last night she almost made it to 4a. I really think she's made a breakthrough and will continue to sleep this way. Of course, she's teething right now and was miserable this afternoon so I've probably jinxed myself. Her poor little gums are so swollen. I really hope they poke through soon. I think it'd be cute if she got her two front teeth for Christmas.
I've been doing a lot of Christmas shopping this week too. I only have one person left, which is such a relief. In fact, I have everything for our stockings too. Now, I have to finish wrapping whenever two little people in my house let me. :) But I even have a lot of that done too. It feels nice to be ahead this year. Usually we cut it pretty close. I'm hoping I can relax a little next week and enjoy the holiday. Wouldn't that be nice?
lucy walking (on video for the first time)
14 years ago
1 comment:
Wow that's a lot of cookies! I'm lucky if I make one batch. I'm so not the cookie mom...:)
Post a Comment