The couple of weeks have all been about adjustment for our family. Managing two at a time has been a little tricky since Nana went home. Olivia is a pretty easy going baby so far. She has difficult nights here and there. Including last night into this morning but, I think gas was the culprit. She seemed much better after a poopy diaper. Anyway, the hardest part has been dealing with Aidan. I knew that this would be a big adjustment for him. His whole world has changed. He had my attention and time 100% of the time before. Now he has to wait cause the baby needs my attention too. So, he's had a hard time listening and following directions. I get tired of repeating myself especially when I ask him to do something I know he can handle by himself. Then today we went to run a couple errands. This was our test run of sorts. It was the first time we really ran errands the three of us. Aidan got a haircut and we stopped at Walgreens on the way home for milk. Aidan did great with his haircut. And he even had to wait 10 minutes for our usual lady. Olivia was asleep pretty much the whole time. (Finally, she had been fighting it all morning.) He got a sucker he was so good. Then we stopped for the milk. We almost made it out without incident. I even paid and was ready to go. Aidan threw a fit over a bag of chocolate covered pretzels. I asked him nicely toput them back. Did he? No. He cried. I took them and put them back for him. He threw himself on the floor at that. So I'm holding Olivia in her carseat, asleep, and the milk. Now I have to figure out how to get him to the car with my hands full and I'm still not able to lift him yet. So I put the milk in the hand that has the car seat too and grab his hand and drag him out. Luckily I was able to pull him to his feet and as soon as we were out of the store he was willing to walk, crying all the way. He was doing so well. I don't know what it was about those stupid pretzels. I hope my patience holds out and we survive this transition.
On a more positive note, Julien has been trying to teach Aidan how to tell knock knock jokes. It's pretty cute. He has one he can tell correctly most of the time. Otherwise, he makes them up and he cracks himself up. I'mhoping to catch it on video and post it. Also, he and Daddy are setting up his birthday present, an aquarium. We went to Petsmart last night and got a bunch stuff for it. I had no idea they were so expensive! Holy cow! This better work out and Aidan better love his fish, that's all I gotta say! He's very excited and having a hard time understanding that he has to wait till the tank is ready before we can get his fish. Life is just hard when you're almost three.
lucy walking (on video for the first time)
14 years ago
1 comment:
Sounds like you guys are trying to stay busy! I can just see Aidan trying to do the jokes. So cute!
Post a Comment