Tuesday, August 25, 2009

3 Week Growth Spurt

This past week has been a challenge. Olivia hit the three week growth spurt. So, that meant a lot of eating, some fussing and gas, and a lot of getting up at night. Monday through Thursday night, I did not get a lot of sleep. Julien was a sweetheart and took Olivia all Friday night. He even slept with her downstairs so I wouldn't hear her and wake up. I really appreciated the sleep as I sorely needed it. I couldn't help but feel a little guilty though. Saturday Tim, Gina, and Ginna came down to visit overnight. Ginna hadn't seen Aidan in about 2 years and we were excited for her to meet her second great grandchild. While they were here, Gina and Tim volunteered to take Olivia Saturday night for Julien and I so we both could sleep. Talk about awesome in-laws! So I was able to sleep two nights in a row. Of course she slept better for them than she did for us all week. They're always better for the grandparents than for the parents, right? :) It was a nice visit. And my house is clean for the most part as we cleaned like maniacs Saturday morning before they got here. Sunday night it was back to normal and I got up with Olivia, who was back to waking up every two hours and being fussy. Last night was better though. She went 2 1/2-3 hours between feedings and fell asleep and a little easier. She seems to do pretty well in her cradle. I'm hoping she'll start going 4 hours between feedings soon. She already eats 3 ounces at a time so you think she could go a little longer in between. She does much better than Aidan did at this age. He slept in his car seat for the first 3 months. She's sleeping in actual designated sleeping area already. :) And he was up every two hours for a while. I remember being very tired with him. Olivia likes to sleep on us though. Especially napping during the day. She doesn't nap for long usually, but she naps longer if she's being held. I hope that changes soon too. I'm trying to be patient but, I'm ready to be on a schedule again. It's so much easier to get things done and it's much less hectic. I look forward to a set nap time for everyone so that I can plan errands and chores. Another thing that would help our day would be if Aidan was potty trained. He still has no interest in it. I really don't want to force the issue but he's going to be 3 awfully soon and still no progress or expressed interest. I'm getting tired of changing everyone's diaper all the time. We may need to try it again soon and see how things go.

No comments: