Friday, August 14, 2009

2 Weeks Old

Believe it or not, but yesterday Olivia turned two weeks old. The time is flying already. How is that possible? It seems like we just got her home. Aidan is warming to her but is more interested in his toys and playing. She just doing enough let to be fascinating to him. That will soon change. Olivia is eating a ton and growing everyday. I swear every day, I look at her and and see changes from the day before. She's starting to have decent periods of alertness and wakefulness. This morning she was up for almost 3 hours. Of course, part of that could be cause she likes to sleep on mommy's chest. She's particular about how she's cuddled. She definitely has preferences already. She sleeps pretty well at night. Although last night she had some problems getting back to sleep after eating. When she fell asleep then she was fine. In fact she slept for a stretch of about 3 1/2 hours. That may not seem like a lot but at 2 weeks, I'll take it! It's surprising how we've kind of fallen back into getting up at night. It still makes me tired but, I've adapted surprisingly well. I guess it's like riding a bicycle. I think it's been a little harder for Julien. Although he's stayed up a couple times to do the first nighttime feeding so I can sleep, which I always appreciate. And a couple nights, I did all the feedings so he could sleep all night since I knew he was tired. We're starting to figure out how to adjust our normal routine. Although, Nana left today. Now we're on our own and the hard part starts of figuring out how to manage two. It's not so bad when we're both home. It'll be more challenging when it's just me. Boy, was Nana a huge help! I don't know what we would've done without her. Aidan would've had a tougher time of it. Life would have been harder for me too. She was able to handle all the chores and errands that I couldn't do. I can't wait till I can drive again and vacuum and lift things. I hate feeling useless. But, hopefully the beginning of next week I will be doing some of those things again. I'm not trying to rush. The last thing I need is to be out of commission because I couldn't be patient. It'll be nice when things settle down though. I hope that's soon.

No comments: