Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Hosting Playgroup!


This past weekend was devoted to cleaning the house. Even Julien cleaned, that's how serious I was. :) It needed to be done as Aidan's cousins are coming this week and I hosted playgroup yesterday for about 5 Moms. And there was no way I was having everyone over to a dirty house! So, yesterday my house was cleaner than it's been ever maybe, and we had everyone over in the morning to play and have some snacks. Aidan was so excited to see all the kids coming. At one point he started running laps because he was so excited that he had so many kids to play with. :) He did a great job sharing his toys and taking turns. And there were 6 kids to share with. (And two infants.) It was a nice opportunity to be able to talk to the other moms. It's always easier when you can confine the kids to a couple rooms and let them go. Much easier than trying to supervise at the park or zoo and hold a conversation. In fact, three of us were having such a great conversation that the shindig didn't break up until 1pm and it started at 10am. In the end, it was worth all the cleaning and preparing. The kids liked the fruit pizza I made them and the moms were all really nice. All in all, a successful playgroup!

I tried to relax the rest of the afternoon. However, that laundry was just calling my name. After I was done folding, I made the foolish attempt of lifting the basket from the floor. I won't do that again. I pulled a muscle in my abdomen. And when I did it, I knew I had done something bad. It hurt! At my last doctor's appointment, my doctor even warned me about moving slower and being more careful about how I move as my muscles are being stretched and I can pull something. Taking a whirlpool bath last night helped and so did the tylenol but, I can still feel it a little today. I will try to move slower today. If it doesn't get done then I'll leave it for Julien to do. :)

We leave soon for our trip to pick up the girls and start our fun Cousin Weekend! Aidan can't wait! It should be fun!

1 comment:

Freya said...

I'm so glad the playgroup went well. I'm sure it was a bit more relaxing having them all in the house and not having to worry about them taking off.

Please do be careful with things like that. You will find that you the things you could do in your first pregnancy really don't seem feasible this time around.