Well, once again, I've neglected my blog. It's been a busy month and I'm a little tired. Aidan and I recently took a trip to visit my parents in Iowa. We had three birthdays to celebrate, my dad, my sister, and Aidan's cousin Sophie. Aidan got to attend Sophie's birthday party. It was held at her school after hours and was attended by the majority of her class. (Her teacher needs a BIG raise. Those kids are crazy!!) Aidan was a little overwhelmed at first but had a great time watching the bigger kids and joining in the fun. He and Sophie are inseparable when they play together. It's pretty funny to watch. You wouldn't necessarily think it with their 4 year age difference but, they love each other. In fact, before we left for our trip, Aidan informed me that Sophie's his best friend. :) This trip little Sarah tried to get in on the action. By the time we see her next, her walking will be so good that she will be tagging along behind the two of them for sure. They grow so quick!
We've been busy with playgroup too. The weather doesn't always cooperate as we are more than ready to go to the park and play outside for a change. We try to take advantage of every opportunity. We also have been going to the Magic House often and participating in music class (Aidan was not a fan! Go figure!) and art class (which Aidan LOVES!).
Last weekend Julien's parents were able to make it down for a quick trip. They were able to watch Aidan for us on Friday as we joined some friends for trivia night for their daycare. No, we didn't win which was disappointing and hurt my average. But I bought, through the silent auction, a package that included a $100 photo package by a professional photographer, including the proofs and a $200 wall mural. I got them for a steal! I'm so excited about the wall mural, which is going in the new nursery of course. I also got some yoga and work out DVDs which are nice. I hope to use them when I have energy again. :) Saturday, we all went to the zoo to enjoy the great weather. In fact, we took the neighbor boy Brady with us. He and Aidan had a great time and were so good together. They got the same toy in the gift shop to remember their visit by. :) Nana and Grandpa always have a great time playing with Aidan. And Aidan is a big Nana lover. I hope he can share her when the baby comes.
That leads to current baby news. So far, things are going well. No complications thus far. I haven't gained a lot of weight, only about 7 pounds so far really. I'm getting a baby bump for sure now. It's not big but I'm outgrowing my clothes. Most of my maternity gear doesn't fit yet. Luckily, my neighbor shared some of her recent maternity clothes and they seem to fit better since she is a little smaller than I am anyway. Today was our second ultrasound. It was an early morning for all of us since the appointment was at 8am. But Aidan was a good sport. I think the room made him a little nervous and bored but, he was a good boy. We got more 3D pics which we will share soon. And of course we hunted to find the answer to the "gender" question. Well, the baby really didn't want to cooperate and the legs were a little in the way. So we poked and proded and eventually the tech could make the determination that we are having a girl! Yes, a girl! Can you believe it? The doctor looked too and they are fairly confident in their determination because they saw labia and not because they couldn't find a penis. So, there are no guarantees like Aidan. He was very proud and showed it off. There was no mistaking it. But, the tech was convinced. So Aidan gets his baby sister like he wanted after all. It's still sinking in as we thought it would probably be a boy as Julien's parents had two boys. But, I know this will be fun and we will learn all the girl stuff too. :) I hope she likes boy clothes. I will have another ultrasound at some point to check the weight. They estimate she weighs 12 ounces right now, which is what Aidan weighed at this point, maybe a little less. So I think this will be another big baby, maybe not as big as Aidan. Hopefully! An exciting day. Tonight we're going out to dinner to celebrate. Now comes all the pink. Or if you can, look for purple or light blue. (purple is my favorite color and I like pink, but not that much. :) )
lucy walking (on video for the first time)
14 years ago
2 comments:
Yay a girl!!! Girls are so special. I'm so excited for you! And yes, she will like boy clothes because she has no other option. ;) Bring on the pink! :)
I am so excited that your having a girl..for the fact that it's perfect with one of each.
I won't buy you any blue though...trust me when you will hear oh what a pretty boy...They have loads of purple out now for girls, that I can do with some pink thrown in cause thats my favorite color.
Can't wait to hear what name you pick out.
Post a Comment