Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Riley Has A New Home

I heard from the kennel that Riley has been at. They had a couple come from Indiana to meet Riley this weekend. Beth, the kennel owner, said they were a really nice couple and that Riley loved them from the get-go. They have a male malamute and another dog, she didn't specify. They have a locksmith business and they take their dogs to work with them. You can tell they don't have children. :) Well, they loved her and took her home with them. Apparently, Riley jumped in their car when it was time to go like she had come with them. I'm glad that she was able to attach to a new family and that someone else could see what a great dog she is. They've called Beth and let her know that Riley is adjusting well. I'm really happy that Riley has found a new home, and even a brother! That was what I wanted all along. But, to be honest, when I read the email I was really, really sad. Now she's really, truly gone. She isn't ours anymore. I know I won't feel this way forever. And I take comfort in the fact that we did the right thing for us but also for her. I guess it couldn't have worked out any better, really. Her new family has my contact information so, I hope they let me know how she is doing and we can see pictures of her new home.

1 comment:

Freya said...

I can only imagine how hard it's been for you Kelly. Our animals are part of the family.
However, it's the love you had for Riley that shows through by finding her a new home. :)