Aidan had his two year check this morning. Here's the run down. He's 50-75% for weight at 29 lbs and 75% for height at 35 inches. He is a tall boy! I used a height predictor on babycenter.com (a wonderful website) and it said at 18 he should be between 6' and 6'1'. Can you believe that? The tallest Ross-Boon ever! Ha! Not the tallest Boon because I have a feeling Jean-Luc will be very tall. He's still a little pigeon toed but the doctor's not concerned because it isn't severe. Although she did hear the heart murmur the other doctor heard earlier in the year. She says it's a flow murmur or in kids, called an innocent murmur. He should outgrow it as his blood vessels grow. Other than that, he's all healthy. He got his flu shot, which he was none too pleased about. He's in this phase of being shy and scared around new people and situations. So he was freaked out about having to lay on the exam table and the shot hurt. But, as soon as they gave him a little bag of goldfish and a sticker, he was fine. I do hope he outgrows the shy and overly cautious phase. I don't mind having a boy who's cautious, don't get me wrong. But having a two year old clinging to my leg can get a little annoying.
We heard from the kennel that took Riley. She is doing great, having fun in the play yard and with the other dogs. I really hope she is placed soon. Aidan realized the other day that her food is gone. Aidan always wanted to help feed her. Other than that, he hasn't said anything about her. I guess at this age out of sight, out of mind. It's been a strange adjustment. I find myself often thinking that I need to take the dog out or feed her, only to remember that she isn't her anymore.
We are busy as usual. We all have trips we are preparing for. (It will be nice not to have to pay to kennel Riley during vacations anymore.) We have neighbor night, a birthday party, a playgroup play date, and a visitor from DC all happening this week. Just another typical week in the Ross-Boon house.
lucy walking (on video for the first time)
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment