
Well, I have a few minutes to sit and update my blog. I'm currently enjoying the Rams game, which surprisingly, they are winning. I may have to become a Rams fan if their new coach keeps up the good work. I'm also baking some cookies because I'm tired of paying Pepperidge Farm almost $3 for a bag I can polish off in a day. So, here's the news! It's been busy around here. Last Sunday, we went with our neighbors, the Walters, to get pumpkins. His Dad has a farm with a pumpkin patch so we got to pick a ton of free pumpkins. It was great not to be fighting the crowds in fake patches that have harvested pumpkins laying in a field. Aidan had a blast. On top of it, Aidan got to see a bunch of tractors and trucks. He even got to sit in them. Then, we got to see the pet horse on the farm named Doc. Aidan thought he was cool but wasn't into feeding him treats. All in all, it was a fun day and we are very appreciative to our neighbors for taking us. Then, Julien issued a challenge to me in passing the other day by saying, "Hey, if you can keep the payment the same every month, we can trade in the 4Runner and get a mini-van." So, that's what I did this week! :) It was now or never, as SUVs aren't worth as much as they were and it was 3 years old on top of it. We found a used 2007 Honda Odyssey with low miles and the options we needed for a reasonable price. So we picked it up on Friday. I have officially become a mini-van momma and so far, I like it! We have gotten some flac for a) getting a mini-van and b) buying foreign. So we looked up the VIN country code and responded to all the haters, "It was made in the US. Any VINs starting with 1, 4, or 5 are US made. So there!" I understand the reasoning behind every one's concern but, if I could buy a quality domestic product that held its value, I would. In the end, I have to make th

e best financial decision for me and my family. (And I love my Civic that I've had for 5 years.) Then, I heard from the kennel that took Riley for us. They have a lady from Indiana coming to see Riley this weekend (so yesterday or today) and probably take her home. I was happy to hear that. She also said that Riley was doing great and she was being a big sweetheart. It makes me feel like life will work out for Riley in the end. We miss her and Aidan asks about her sometimes. But, in the end, it was the right decision for everyone. Julien left for a trip to San Diego for work. While he's gone, Aidan and I will be travelling to Iowa to see my folks and my sister who is flying in from Seattle. It's been over a year since we've seen her so it will be nice to catch up. Aidan is excited to see his cousins Sophie, Emma, and Baby Sarah. He's been "calling" them on his play phone and talking to them. I think he's really looking forward to seeing them. I'm really glad that he has a close relationship with them. My brother Brad's kids live so far away that there's really no way for them to have a relationship. It goes back to why we decided to come to Missouri really. Being here, at least he has a chance to be close to family. In Maryland there was no way to do it with spending a lot of money on plane tickets. My other sister, Jen, has been sick for the last 3 weeks and went in for some tests. I really hope that it shows something and she can get the right treatment. No one should go through not being able to eat for almost a month. Sometimes I get frustrated with doctors however,

I know she does have good ones and I know they will do what they can. So, please keep her health in your thoughts. She could use the karma! :) We also had a playgroup play date at the Transportation Museum this week. That was fun. Aidan loves the trains and we played at the Creation Station for the first time. It was great! We will be going there when it's too cold to play outside. It has a kitchen station, trains, arts and crafts, a pirate ship, manipulatives, and dress up. So much cool stuff and we have a membership so it's free! This week will be a busy one for sure. We'll be packing, running errands, going on our road trip, and generally scrambling at the last minute. I think I may go to bed when Aidan does tonight. Hope everyone else has a fantastic week!
2 comments:
Busy busy busy! It's great to be so busy, huh? :)
You do keep busy. I guess that is a plus. Giving Aidan all those experiences is wonderful. He is such a happy boy. We sure do love him. :)
Post a Comment