My little guy has done so well this past week. Only one pee accident last week! We've graduated to wearing undies at nap time and outside to play. He even told me he had to go potty in the middle of playgroup at someone else's house. I was impressed. I think he's really getting it. Today he wore undies away from the house for the first time during our grocery shopping trip. I'm so excited! I haven't changed a diaper for him in two weeks. He wears pull ups but I count those as separate. :) And those stay dry most of the time anyway. So, I think we'll soon be looking at preschools and talking about starting him. There are three that I want to check out. It's exciting to think about and kind of sad at the same time. It will be weird to be away from him like that. But, it will be a little while longer before I have to worry about it.
Olivia is doing well. She's a little fussy here and there. Boy can she get fussy when she's tired. Aidan wasn't like that. She's a slow eater too which is nothing like Aidan was as well. She is definitely her own personality. She went almost 5 hours between feedings last night from 8:30p-1:15a or so. Then she slept until 5/5:30a. So, slowly she is getting there. Although, she may end up being an early riser. She has a hard time going back to sleep after her 5/5:30a feedings. I'm hoping she grows out of that. She's getting bigger every day. I've noticed her outfits are getting shorter. She lifts her head during tummy time. She getting more control of her neck. She not a fan of the car yet. She'll scream for a while before going to sleep when we're driving. Aidan always asks, "Why is she crying? Why is she loud?" Very funny.
We left both kids with our very brave neighbors last night so we could go to dinner together. Our neighbors have a 8 mo old so I imagine having 3 under 3 in one house was very exciting. They said it went well and all the kids were good. We certainly appreciated the chance to get out of the house and have adult conversation for a while.
Saturday, we were able to go see where Julien works for Family Day. This was the first time I've been able to see his office in 7 years. The last time was right after we were married and he didn't have his clearance yet. There were lots of areas roped off with caution tape. But we got to see his desk. We went to the park and then off to lunch afterwards. So all in all, a busy weekend. Well, Olivia is stirring and probably ready to eat again. Aidan will be up soon from nap as well. Quiet moments don't last long around here.
lucy walking (on video for the first time)
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment