Monday, April 27, 2009

This Week's Baby Update!

Just a little baby update. Things are moving along. Time is flying by! I have my next glucose test this coming weekend. I opted for the 3 hour test since I have never passed the one hour. Why delay the inevitable?? So my Saturday morning will be spent at the lab, with no food for 12 hours in total, and 4 needle sticks. Fun! I return to the OB the following week for my next appointment and the results. Keep your fingers crossed. It will also be my last appointment with my OB and I will be switching to another doctor in the practice from this point on. I'm a little sad. I like my OB and I feel like she listens to me. (Not always found easily in a doctor.) I'm sure the other doctor will be nice as well and I'll receive great care. This will also be my last monthly appointment and I will start going every other week. See what I mean about time flying by??? I should find out more about when the next ultrasound will be. If I fail the glucose test it will probably be sooner rather than later to monitor weight gain. But either way, I will have another ultrasound to check the weight. I have a feeling she's big, at least as in long. I feel her move around a lot now and sometimes it seems that she's all stretched out from one side of my tummy to the other. We'll see what we find out though. Naming her has been difficult. Why are boys names so much easier? We had a boys name in about 2 seconds. We've narrowed our list at least and now are struggling with middle names. I'm sure we'll pick a good one in the end. Aidan is showing more understanding about the baby. He drew a picture of her the other day. It was very cute. He pointed out where her arms and legs were. Of course it was a bunch of squiggles but the thought was so sweet. He talks about the swing being for his baby sister when "she comes out of Mommy's tummy." And all the little clothes and things, he says are for her. He has yet to feel her kick. He isn't really into feeling my tummy. He's very into playing with his friends and being outside right now. And that's ok. I've been sore and tired lately. Aidan has been getting up early lately. I think he's excited about going out and doing stuff. So I've been getting up early naturally. It's hard to get a break and I tend to wear out quickly now. It's been hard to get to sleep as my back gets sore at the end of the day. My legs are starting to get sore too. But at least no swelling yet. My weight gain has been more conservative this time around. I've gained about 15 pounds at this point which is pretty good, and I started out weighing less than I did before I got pregnant with Aidan. I think both have helped me feel pretty good up to this point. I remember being more miserable at this point last time. I'm not hot all the time like last time. Maybe I haven't hit that point or maybe it won't be as bad as it was with Aidan. He's still a little furnace. In other news, her room is coming together. The curtains and ceiling fan are up. We have the changing table. The muralist is coming in 2 weeks to paint. (Yay!) The crib, mattress and rails are in but, not the dresser. I haven't been to get what's in yet. Hard to do it with a 2 1/2 year old when pregnant. The warehouse is over by the airport too. I just haven't gotten over there. I should have paid for delivery. :) The dresser is back ordered. Hopefully it'll come in May with their next shipment. I was a little annoyed when they couldn't tell me when they expect it to come in. Seems like a question they should anticipate. I could use the dresser too. I've gone through Aidan's old stuff and pulled out what will work for a girl. That also lead me to register. So, I know some people are traditionalist. They don't think you should get second baby showers and you shouldn't expect people to get you stuff for subsquent babies. I agree in that I don't expect anyone to get us anything. But, having a girl this time leaves us with a few things that we didn't get the first time around. Also, so things didn't make through the first time in one piece. I've had people ask if I was registering and I figured that it would make it easier for people who like to do some babyshopping so they don't have to guess what we need. We don't have a ton of stuff on our registeries and we don't expect people to get us all the stuff we asked for. We are registered at Babies R Us (which gives you 10% off any items left on your registery two weeks before your due date, score!) and Target. I've hit Craigslist for some things too. I got our changing table there. I got a sit n stand stroller this last week from there too. I saved half off the new price for it, which is always good especially if we don't end up using it a lot. So, there you have it! That's what's new with the Ross-Boons. I'll try to put up another update soon.

1 comment:

Freya said...

It seems like just yesterday you found out that you were expecting. How exciting it must be with the day drawing closer and closer.

I'm glad you registered I think it will be easier for people to buy gifts for you. :)