I am finally starting to get some energy back and starting to feel useful again. My house is in the process of getting clean. The downstairs is done and I'm tackling the upstairs a little each day. I've even been burning some candles to make everything smell nice. Hopefully soon the entire house will be clean again. It's been a LONG time and it was driving me nuts! Although sometimes I have to employ the help of a caffeinated soda to get everything done but, not more than recommended by the doctor. :) Chocolate helps too, of course. Whatever I need to do to feel like a normal person with a clean house like normal people. It's nice to easily have people over without shame or a furious round of quick cleaning. Like last night, our neighbors, the Walters, were able to come over with baby for a piece of chocolate cake without sending me into a sense of panic. I should enjoy it while it lasts as soon, I will not have ANY time for cleaning AT ALL. (Somehow I think a new baby and almost 3 year old have something to do with that. : ) )
Speaking of chocolate cake, Valentine's Day was really nice. I told Julien to go simple this year. No big, expensive presents. I was shocked that he actually listened. He and Aidan picked out flowers (a bouquet from Julien and a single rose from Aidan. Very cute!) and chocolates. We had lunch at Panchero's, which was fabulous. (The carnitas are excellent, I highly recommend them. I'm hungry for Panchero's just talking about it.) We came home and I made Julien a chocolate cake with vanilla buttercream frosting, his favorite. This was my first time making cake from scratch. It was harder than I thought it would be but, the cake turned out great. I did a terrible job frosting and decorating it so it was ugly but tasty. :) Either way, Julien was impressed. Then, we had a crab leg dinner at home followed by the cake. After dessert we all fell into a sugar coma and hung out. All in all, a low key kind of day. You know what, it was better than the years we have spent a lot on presents and a big fancy dinner out. I guess I feel like when things are simple, they're more meaningful.
This week I go for my next OB appointment. Aidan is going with so this should be interesting. I hope he's patient with me. I know I have more bloodwork coming up soon. And we're less than a month away from my next ultrasound and knowing if this baby is a boy or a girl. I can't wait! I don't have a definite feeling either way yet. I didn't with Aidan until about 2 weeks before. We'll see if the same happens here. But, I'm excited to register for the few things we need and to order furniture, as we have started looking. Now comes the fun part!!
lucy walking (on video for the first time)
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment