It's been a minute since I had the chance to post here. Since my son has developed a fascination with the Teletubbies, I'll exploit the opportunity. :) Lots has happened in the last two weeks. We had a visit from Nana. Aidan loves it when Nana comes to play. She plays and spoils him and does all the Nana stuff that Mommy and Daddy just can't do as well. We celebrated Father's Day and Julien's birthday. We went to the Zoo while she was here. Aidan was very good,especially considering we went sans stroller. Brave, I know. He was great and didn't run off once. He was too busy looking at everything that we actually had to keep him moving. I know that won't last long and soon he'll be off and running in the Zoo soon. We love calling Grandpa Tim on the computer too. The entire week Nana was here Aidan would run to the computer and say, "Grandpa!" In fact he'll move the mouse around in an attempt to place the call himself. He's too smart for his own good. Then Nana left and we all fell apart. The afternoon she left, we went grocery shopping and then to Culver's for lunch. On the ride home, about 5 minutes from the house, Aidan threw up. This was actually the first time he's done that, and the first time we've had any puking issues since he was an infant. The kid's got an iron stomach like Mommy. So we got cleaned up and changed in the house. He was feeling better and climbed on the couch, roaring at me like a dinosaur. As I stood at the sink I watched him lunge at me and right off the back of the couch. He hit face first on the floor. He ended up with carpet burn on the end of his nose and a cut lip. He bled and bled and cried and cried. After I got him and Daddy calmed down (Julien kept saying 'that's a lot of blood'- amateur) , Daddy started complaining of a stomach ache. It was all downhill from there. Julien got some kind of stomach flu with fever and spent the next day at home sick. Then I had the day after that. Luckily, we are all well and mended now. I guess next time Nana just can't leave.
Then, I had my birthday. My neighbors cooked dinner for us and got me a Dairy Queen cake-score! Then on the actual day, Julien got me a chocolate mousse cake, which was awesome. Of course we had too much cake and called an impromptu neighbor night to share it all. All in all, it was a good birthday. I wasn't very excited about this one. I'm a little sad to facing the end of my twenties. But all good things must come to an end. At least I can take comfort in everyone telling me that I don't look my age. True or not, I'm gonna go with that. And I'll be turning 29 from now on. :)
lucy walking (on video for the first time)
14 years ago
1 comment:
Happy Birthday Month you guys! :)
Post a Comment