The last couple weeks have been all about the dentist, preschool and playgroup. After 3 years, I finally was forced to go back to the dentist. (Not my favorite place in the world.) I was having some sensitivity and knew if I didn't take care of it, I'd end up really regretting it. So, this week I went back to start all the work that needs to be done. Besides having cavities, all my old fillings are coming apart and need to be replaced. Fun! My friend Catie was nice enough to agree to watch the kids for me. Aidan was happy to have her daughter Clarissa to play with. After over 90 minutes in the chair and 3 attempts to numb my teeth, I was done with phase 1. I go back in 2 weeks for a crown and more work. Then one more appointment after that. Hopefully I won't max out my insurance before then.
Today was Aidan's first preschool conference. Julien and I dropped Aidan off together, which Aidan liked the novelty of, then went to meet with his teacher. She didn't have a lot to say cause he hasn't been there all year. But, he plays well with the other kids, behaves well in class, likes the dolls and dollhouses just like the other boys do :), is independent with all his bathroom skills. He's trying to trace letters on letter worksheets which his teacher was really happy with as it's skill that's a little beyond a three year old. But, she was impressed by his fine motor skills. So, no complaints. She suggested that we let him dress himself from now on to encourage independence and since he has the skills to do it. (Just not the patience.) She said to continue working with him on his letters, numbers, etc but do it in a sneaky way since he doesn't like to sit and do it. It feels like work to him and work is not fun. :) After the conference we came back for a parent-child pizza party, then home.
We've been trying to get to more playgroup events. It's hard with Olivia's schedule and Aidan in preschool. So we hosted on Monday. A few of our friends were able to come over and make a snowman craft, play and have lunch. And of course, us moms were able to get some social time in too. I love hanging out with my playgroup mommas! It's reassuring to know you aren't the only one having problems with getting kids to sleep or finding the perfect preschool.
As for kids sleeping, Olivia is finally napping on a schedule and for up to 2 hours at a time! Hallelujah! She isn't on schedule like Aidan was nor does she have the natural rhythm to follow like he did but, we're working on it and seeing improvement. She still cries at bedtime and naptime. Now it's about losing the pacifier just as much as about going to bed. Although I think she will always fight going to sleep. She's eating more baby food too. She loves sweet potato, squash, avocado and cereal. I think she looks forward to eating at dinnertime. I got out my baby food maker and tried it out with some squash. Holy moley, that thing is awesome! Wish I had it when Aidan was a baby. It was so easy to use and blended it so well. Much better than my blender for sure! My goal with Olivia is to make all her baby food and so far I've only bought her cereal. I really hope I can keep it up. I have a bunch of squash and sweet potatoes in the freezer and hope to add some more to it in the next week or so. Not sure what to have her try next. Maybe some peas or at least something that isn't orange. She's had a lot of orange. :)
lucy walking (on video for the first time)
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment