Hard to believe my little Olivia is 5 months old already. Where did the time go? She's gotten so big and changed so much. She's wearing 6-9 month clothes already. She's getting closer to sitting up. That balance thing is hard though. :) She's started using her exersaucer and really seems to like it. She looks so big sitting in it. She's started on cereal and some baby food. So far she likes rice cereal and apple sauce. I got a cool baby food maker for Christmas that I can't wait to use. She's not the eater Aidan was but, she holds her own. Unfortunately she still likes to eat at night and is still waking a lot. She was doing so well before she got an ear infection and now we can't seem to get her back to it. In fact, she's waking more now than she was before. It makes for some long nights and groggy mornings. I can't wait to get some sleep again. She's waking every 4 hours and sometimes, more often than that. She has a hard time getting herself back to sleep and relies on the bottle to it for her, I think. Olivia isn't a very good sleeper over all. She doesn't nap very long. I'm lucky if she sleeps 1 1/2 hours during the day. It's a big change from the way Aidan was. I was really hoping that she would take after his sleeping habits but, every child is different. But at least she's in her crib to sleep. Now if I could just keep her asleep. I think it may be time to change our game plan . One nice change is that she doesn't scream in the car anymore. That really helps. I don't think I would want to do a long trip with both the kids on my own yet though. At least the daily drives to preschool and to run errands are much more pleasant. Olivia has also started laughing. Usually it's her brother who she thinks is hilarious. I was really looking forward to hearing her giggle. It was so exciting when I finally got her to do it. And luckily I got it on video too. I keep reminding myself that it's our last time to enjoy these little firsts. Before I know it, she'll be all grown up just like her brother. And although it'll make me a little sad, I don't think I'll miss it enough to go back and do it again. I'm sure these two will keep our hands full.
lucy walking (on video for the first time)
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment