Julien came home early from work yesterday so he and I could go see The Dark Knight at the Imax theater. All I have to say is it was incredible. I'm ready to go see it again. In fact, I can't wait for it to come out on DVD. I was afraid it wouldn't live up to the hype but, it totally delivered. Heath Ledger was phenomenal. His Joker was so spot on. Jack Nicholson's Joker was "Look at me, I'm crazy! I want to kill Batman." Heath Ledger's Joker really understood anarchy and chaos. You have to see it to understand it. I will be routing for him to get an Oscar for his performance. And for those who have seen it, was the scene with the Joker and the Disappearing Pencil trick the funniest scene of the movie or not?? Sick, yes but also funny. I was also surprised how big a part of the movie Harvey Dent was. The reviews overlooked Dent/Two Face almost completely. I knew he was in the movie but I didn't realize they would deal with his story in detail. Overall, every actor did an amazing job. I was completely entertained and engrossed for the whole two and a half hours. Not one minute did I think,"boy will this just end already." In fact, Julien said he wasn't ready for it to be over. He wanted to see more. So, if you haven't already- Go See It!!!! It's worth every penny!
No comments:
Post a Comment