Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mother's Day 2008

Mother's Day this year was a really good one. The night before we went for Thai food at probably what is the best restaurant out here. That was so yummy! Then I got to open my present. I got a KitchenAid Stand mixer. Now I can make more cookies. I don't think the gift was a truly selfless one from my boys. :) My Official Mother's Day started out with breakfast in bed. Aidan and Julien brought me eggs, bacon, fruit, pancakes, flowers and a card. Of course Aidan wanted to share my pancakes. After that we hung out at home. Julien had a grand plan for the day but, was thwarted by the weather. 50 mph wind gusts are bad for picnics and the zoo. We did have a picnic in the living room though. Aidan thought that was pretty cool. Then I used my present to make homemade brownies. They were pretty good if I do say so myself. Especially with some vanilla ice cream. All in all, we relaxed and spent the weekend together. Now it's back to work. Trying to get my flower beds planted and the house cleaned. You know, normal stuff.

1 comment:

Safire said...

Ooohh...jealous of your new present! Have fun with it!