Sunday, August 8, 2010

Happy Birthday Baby Girl!


I know this is late but, better late than never. The end of July brought a big day in our house. Our little baby became a toddler. Olivia turned one! How is this possible? Where did the time go? I spent most of the day reminiscing about what I was doing a year ago on that day. Getting to the hospital, getting prepped for the c section, getting to our room and getting to hold her. Now, she's taking steps, uses a sippy cup and points at everything. She even looks like a toddler now instead of a baby. I kept thinking about how little she looked as a newborn and all the changes over the year. I love seeing all the new things she's learning and doing. This is one of the most exciting times and I love having a toddler. At the same time, it's bittersweet as now the time of babies in the Ross-Boon house is over. No more formula, bottles, or newborn clothes. We're on to bigger and better things.

Olivia had a great birthday party. She enjoyed being with her friends and family. And she enjoyed her chocolate cake a little too much. Poor girl got sick at nap time. Too much food! Thanks to everyone for their cards, presents and well wishes. They were much appreciated. Next month it will be Aidan's turn.

1 comment:

Nana said...

She is so sweet. And the party was great fun.