The middle of April saw a flood of house guests to the Ross-Boon household. I had no idea that we were such a popular spot but after this month, I may need to get a reservation book and start charging a fee. First of our guests were my nieces, Ashley and Michele, and their mom, Julie. They were on their way from Vermont to Arizona and decided to stop by our place and visit. I always love getting the chance to see them. I used to spend a lot of time with them when they were 5 and 3 years old and lived in Iowa. When they moved back to Arizona, it was much harder to get together. Now they are practically adults. Unfortunately they were only able to stay for the evening and had to get back on their way. However, any opportunity to spend time with them is definitely worth the time and effort.
The next day, our second set of house guests arrived from Maryland. Our old neighbors Tim and Mandy and Suzy and Jason set out on a road trip to Vegas for Suzy's 40th birthday and we were the first stop over. It's been almost 2 years since we were out to Maryland and the old Shortleaf neighborhood and almost 3 years since we moved. As much as we love our new neighborhood, our old neighbors are something special. Needless to say, we've missed them and were really looking forward to their visit. While they were here, we took them to Pappy's for the best BBQ ever, they went to the Arch, and the boys went to a Cardinals game and sat in awesome seats. Not bad for two days. Everyone got to meet Olivia and see how much Aidan's grown. They said he didn't really look different, just more grown up. Eventually, they made their way to Vegas and had an awesome time. We're so glad their entire trip was successful!
The week after the Shortleaf gang came, our friend Hobie and his fiancee came to visit for the weekend. This was our first time meeting Alicia. What a sweet girl! Aidan was especially impressed by her dinosaur impression. We all went to the City Museum and had a great time. We were there for about 3+ hours and Olivia didn't fuss once. I was impressed. We also went out for Indian and Thai food over the weekend. (I'm always up for Thai food. Spring rolls...yum.) We're not used to entertaining childless people so we felt like we weren't the best hosts. But, we gave them the car on Sunday and let them explore Forest Park and the art museum there on their own. They were understanding and didn't mind going out on their own.
This weekend, Nana and Grandpa were back for a quick visit. We had a party to go to on Saturday night so they came to watch the kids. In Aidan's opinion, there's nothing better than when Nana comes to visit. Julien and I aren't "allowed" to play with him and Nana. In fact, they all went on a hike together while Julien and I took Olivia to get herbs and yard stuff. I hope he learns to share Nana with Olivia eventually. :)
It was a fun three weeks but, I'm looking forward to having the house to ourselves for a little bit.
1 comment:
Wow, you were busy! Looks like a lot of fun though. :)
Post a Comment